Galileo University is offering Android Development free online course. This course is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field and to prepare you to take the Google Associate Android Developer Certification Exam.
The course provides the basic skills to ensure a start with Android Studio Editor and use Virtual Device. The course will start on January 23, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Galileo University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $200
Session: Course Starts on January 23, 2017
Located in Guatemala, Galileo University is a higher education institution, the product of 38 years of constant work and effort of an elite group of academics and professionals, lead by Eduardo Suger Cofiño, Ph.D., founder and President. He has been able to put forward a completely innovative and non-traditional educational approach that Galileo calls “The revolution of education,” which is also impelled by very a clear motto: “To educate is to change visions and transform lives.”
About This Course
Learn the basics of Java programming language and how to develop programs with conditionals and loops, design and implement recursive algorithms, understand basic mechanisms of the Object Oriented Paradigm (OPP), use and interpret the API of some of the most common Java classes and real-world android application development using the Android software development kit (SDK). This course provides the basic skills to ensure a start with Android Studio Editor and use Virtual Device.
This course is part of the GalileoX Android Developer MicroMasters Program that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field and to prepare you to take the Google Associate Android Developer Certification Exam. To qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the four courses and the Final Capstone Project.
Why Take This Course?
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm: classes, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
- Develop programs with conditionals and loops
- Design and implement recursive algorithms
- Writing, compiling, and running basic Java applications
- Introduction to Android: Installation and setup of Android SDK and Android emulator
Leader and moderator with the JavaUp Java User Group
Computer Science and Engineering, Java Specialist
Director of Software Development and Technology Department
Familiar with object-oriented programming language
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)