This session Cornell University will be offering an open online version of course, ‘Introduction to Global Hospitality Management'. This course is intended for anyone in the industry seeking to advance, as well as individuals who are interested but who don't know much about the industry.
The main objective of the course is to learn introduction to the Hospitality Industry. The course starts on January 25, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours per week
Subject: Global Hospitality Management
Institution: Cornell University and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49.
Session: Starts on January 25, 2016.
Cornell University, a world renowned and diverse Ivy League institution, is a community of scholars known for intellectual rigor and engaged in deep and broad research, teaching tomorrow's thought leaders to think otherwise, care for others, and create and disseminate knowledge with a public purpose. Once called “the first American university” by educational historian Frederick Rudolph, Cornell represents a distinctive mix of eminent scholarship and democratic ideals.
This online platform edX provides online courses from the world's best universities. edX can empower you to build innovative applications, services, and experiences.
About This Course
Globally, 1 in 11 jobs are in the hospitality industry, with predictions for continued job growth. Hospitality careers are often stereotyped as low-wage and entry-level with little opportunity for advancement, but with constant innovation, opportunities for talented individuals are vast, and growing.
Are you wondering if a career in hotel management, restaurant management, hotel asset management, or services marketing would benefit you? Are you currently working in the industry and seeking promotional opportunities? Enroll now and let Cornell guide your exploration of this exciting industry. The audience for this MOOC is anyone in the industry seeking to advance, as well as individuals who are interested but who don't know much about the industry. It's also appropriate for use as an employee-development tool within hospitality industry companies.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts. It is presented in both English.
- Explore the many wide-ranging career opportunities in hospitality and hotel management
- Gain career advice and stories from international industry experts
- Use an analysis tool to evaluate competitors and make strategic decisions
- Analyze factors leading to an own-vs.-lease decision
- Explore distribution channels and pricing strategies
- Learn how to select smart, talented employees
Recently retired clinical professor of marketing at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
-Jan A. deRoos
HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, where he has taught since 1988.
-Cathy A. Enz
Jr. Professor of Innovation and Dynamic Management and a professor of strategy at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
Professor of management at Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.
None. Some proficiency with Excel will be helpful.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)