Imperial College Business School is offering Data Analysis Free Online Course. The goal of this course is to teach fundamental data analysis skills so students are prepared for MBA study.
This course will cover the fundamentals of collecting, presenting, describing and making inferences from sets of data. The course will start on October 17, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Imperial College Business School and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $79
Session: Course starts on October 17, 2016
As part of Imperial College London, a global leader in science and technology, Imperial College Business School drives business advantage through the fusion of business and technology and an entrepreneurial mindset. We combine innovative thinking and insight with new technology to develop practical solutions to real world issues, benefiting business and improving society.
About This Course
This online course prepares students for studying in an MBA program. Data analysis appears throughout any rigorous MBA program and in today's business environment understanding the fundamentals of collecting, presenting, describing and making inferences from data sets is essential for success.
The goal of this course is to teach fundamental data analysis skills so they are prepared for MBA study and able to focus their efforts on core MBA curriculum, rather than continually playing catch-up with the underlying statistical knowledge needed.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- The fundamentals of data
- Presenting and summarising your data
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Data-based decision making
- Modelling for decision making
Secondary school (high school) maths
Dr. Catarina Sismeiro
Dr. Catarina Sismeiro is an Associate Professor at Imperial College Business School where she teaches on the Full-Time and Executive MBA programs.
Nigel Meade has a BSc in Mathematics and Statistics and an MSc in Statistics from the University of Sheffield and a PhD in Management Science from Imperial College.
Dr. David Lefevre
David is the Director of the EdTech Lab at Imperial College Business School.
Stanislav Kucherenko is a Doctoral Candidate in Management at Imperial College Business School.
Topic 1: The fundamentals of data
Topic 2: Presenting and summarising your data
Topic 3: Decision making under uncertainty
Topic 4: Drawing interpretations beyond the data you have
Topic 5: Modelling for decision making
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)