Foreigners University of Siena is offering this free online course, “Introduction to Italian”. The Italian language and culture courses are intended for foreigners, who may also sit the Certificate of Italian as a Foreign Language (CILS) exams.
The overall objective of this course is to learn basic Italian and explore Italian culture, with this free online Italian course. The course starts on May 16, 2016.
Course at a Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Italian Language
Institution: Foreigners University of Siena and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on May 16, 2016
Unistrasi (Università per Stranieri di Siena or University for Foreigners of Siena) is a public university involved both in teaching Italian as a foreign language and in scientific research activities concerning the diffusion of the Italian language and culture all over the world.
About This Course
Do you love Italy? Do you love Italian art, cinema and fashion? Have you been dreaming of visiting cities like Venice, Rome and Florence? Do you absolutely love Italian food? Have you always wanted to learn Italian and get to know Italian culture? If the answers are yes then this free online course is perfect for you.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can pursue a verified certificate. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts.
Over six week, applicant will develop the skills to interact in common conversational situations. Applicant will learn, for instance:
- how to introduce yourself
- how to answer to simple questions
- how to ask for information
- how to talk about your interests, food and clothes.
Applicant shall develop their listening and speaking skills week by week through watching short videos. These videos will show them common communicative situations and introduce sentences frequently used in spoken Italian as well as vocabulary and grammar patterns.
This course draws on the educator's' expertise in teaching Italian as a second language at the University for Foreigners of Siena.
On this course applicant will also explore the culture of Italy – helping them to understand its people, its places and its lifestyle.
Andrea Villarini is a Professor of Modern Language Teaching at the University for Foreigners of Siena. He is currently Head of the Research Institute for Teaching Language with Technological Support.
The course is for people who have little or no prior knowledge of Italian and who are interested in discovering Italian language and culture.
How To Join This Course
Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, student will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).