Free Online Course on Building a Successful Android App
The Guatemala, Galileo University is offering free online course on Android Developer Capstone Project: Building a Successful Android App. This capstone project is part of the GalileoX Android Developer Micro Masters Program that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field.
In this three week course, applicants will demonstrate and implement the knowledge and skills acquired in the Android Developer Micro Masters Program, and prepare for the Google Associate Android Developer Certification exam.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Guatemala, Galileo University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $250
Galileo University is a higher education institution, the product of 38 years of constant work and effort of an elite group of academics and professionals, lead by Eduardo Suger Cofiño, Ph.D., founder and President.
About This Course
The capstone project includes the evaluation of the competencies and performance tasks, which define an Associate Android Developer (Fundamental Application Components, Application User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX), Persistent Data Storage, Enhanced System Integration and Testing and Debugging).
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will demonstrate your understanding of the fundamental application components of programming for Android, how to build clean and compelling user interfaces, using view styles and theme attributes to apply a consistent look and feel across an entire application.
This Project is about combining various skills you've attained through the MicroMasters Program. They include:
- Listing the services involved with the Android Application Architecture (ex. Activity Manager, Views, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Resources Manager,etc.);
- Identifying different techniques to plan, design and prototype your mobile apps before writing any code;
- Applying material design principles to build compelling, beautiful interfaces for your Android apps;
- Building layouts using XML and using Java code.
- Using various views (e.g., buttons, text boxes and check boxes) and implement menu-based, drawer navigation or interface layouts.
- Implement menu based or drawer navigation. Constructing options menus for action bar navigation.
- Determining appropriate use cases for local persisted data, and designing solutions to implement data storage using files, preferences, and databases;
- Creating applications using the new version of Firebase;
- Understanding the use of Model-View-Presenter (MVP);
- Evidencing integrated knowledge with third-party API (Twitter,Facebook);
- Understanding how to include features that expand the application's audience through localization;
- Writing and executing automated instrumentation tests on an Android device;
- Creating code to display Banner and Interstitial ads in an app;
- Publishing your application.
Rocael Hernández Ph.D.
Doctor en Ciencias de la Computación por la Universidad de Graz, Austria. Director del Instituto Von Neumann, Director del Departamento GES y del Proyecto Telescopio en Universidad Galileo.
Successful completion of
- Course 1: Java Fundamentals for Android Development
- Course 2: Android App Development for Beginners
- Course 3: Professional Android App Development
- Course 4: Monetize Android Apps with Business Models
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)