Common Purpose Charitable Trust is offering free online on Developing Cultural Intelligence for Leadership. This course is designed for anyone who holds – or aspires to hold – a leadership or management role anywhere in the world.
In this four week course, applicants will find out what Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is, and why good leaders and managers need it, in this free online course. The course will start on September 5, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4 hours pw
Subject: Developing Cultural Intelligence for Leadership
Institution: Common Purpose Charitable Trust and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on September 5, 2016
Common Purpose runs leadership development programmes that enable people from different backgrounds, sectors, geographies and generations to work together to solve common problems. In the process, it gives participants the inspiration, skills and connections to become better leaders, both at work and in society.
About This Course
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is the natural evolution from the well-established notions of IQ (intelligence quotient) and EQ (emotional intelligence). Good leaders need all three to lead effectively.
CQ is the ability to cross divides – whether country, generation, gender, sector or background – and to thrive in multiple cultures. Developing your CQ will enable you to work with people who are different from you, and lead in your organisation, community, business or place of study.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
This free online course will introduce you to the concept of CQ and explore its evolution and relevance for leadership. Through a series of activities, exercises and advice from leaders around the world, you will:
- Build the skills to lead across divides and thrive in multiple cultures;
- Go on a journey to uncover the cultural influences that make you think and act the way you do;
- See how understanding yourself can help you work with other people;
- learn skills to recognise what makes others tick and behave the way they do;
- And embrace diversity and recognise its role in innovative problem solving.
In discussions with other learners from around the world, you'll grow your network and build relationships which will, in turn, help you develop your CQ.
Founder and Chief Executive, Common Purpose Charitable Trust; Author of Cultural Intelligence – CQ: the Competitive Edge for Leaders Crossing Borders
This course is designed for anyone who holds – or aspires to hold – a leadership or management role anywhere in the world. No previous experience of Cultural Intelligence is needed. A willingness to work more effectively within a diverse community or workplace is all that's required.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).