Free Online Course on IoT Programming and Big Data
The Curtin University is offering free online course on IoT Programming and Big Data. This course will teach introductory programming concepts that allow connection to, and implementation of some functionality on, IoT devices, using the Python programming language.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn how to apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data needs to your IoT designs. This course will start on September 4, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
Session: Course Starts on September 4, 2018
Curtin University is Western Australia's largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin's mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
This course will teach introductory programming concepts that allow connection to, and implementation of some functionality on, IoT devices, using the Python programming language. In addition, students will learn how to use Python to process text log files, such as those generated automatically by IoT sensors and other network-connected systems.
Why Take This Course?
Learners do not need prior programming experience to undertake this course, and will not learn a specific programming language – however Python will be used for demonstrations. This course will focus on learning by working through realistic examples.
- Appreciate the software needs of an IoT project.
- Understand how data is managed in an IoT network.
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your IoT concept designs.
- Create Python scripts to manage large data files collected from sensor data and interact with the real world via actuators and other output devices.
Johannes U. Herrmann
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)