Boston University is offering free online course on Leading in the Digital Age. In this course applicants will develop their ability to lead, innovate, negotiate and manage in a fast moving digital economy.
The course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Boston University's and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $200
Session: Course Starts on November 6, 2017
Boston University's impact extends far beyond our campus in the heart of Boston. Our students, faculty, and alumni travel around the globe to study, teach, and become immersed in the communities in which they live. As one of the world's leading research universities, Boston University is currently engaged in more than 340 separate research, service, and educational programs and projects. Today, BU is the fourth-largest private university in the country and a member of the American Association of Universities, a nonprofit association of 62 of North America's leading research-intensive institutions.
About This Course
Gain the leadership skills highly valued and needed to perform in the digital age with practical tools to use in real time, using workplace challenges you are currently experiencing.
This course, part of the Digital Leadership MicroMasters program, begins with a focus on the trends of the digital age and how they shape your industry, your organization and your career no matter what job or sector you work. We then focus on the capabilities needed to both successfully grow your own career and effectively lead individuals, teams and organizations.
Why Take This Course?
Students will learn about and practice skills such as:
- Leveraging a network of relationships;
- Using conflict to drive creativity;
- Working across boundaries;
- Coming to a common core purpose across competing agendas and metrics;
- Leading change through experimentation and implementation.
- Lead and Manage yourself and others in the fast changing, chaotic digital age
- Build and maintain critical relationships
- Build, manage, lead and influence virtual teams
- Manage ‘up, down and across'
- Negotiate and collaborate
- Influence and lead change efforts regardless of the position you hold
- How to get things done (execute) and innovate (experiment) at the same time
- Develop a personal leadership improvement plan
Instructors Lloyd Baird
Professor of Management, Boston University
Kristen J. McCormack
Master Lecturer and Executive in Residence, Organizational Behavior, Boston University
CEO and President, PerformancEdge
No prerequisites, work experience desirable.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)