The University of California, Berkeley is offering free online course on Writing for Social Media. This course provides a framework for writing for social media by focusing on purpose, content and audiences, helping you be more effective at using these powerful platforms to deliver your messages.
This course focuses on effective writing practices for a social media environment. The course will start on May 21, 2018.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 3-5 hours pw
- Subject: Business Administration
- Institution: University of California, Berkeley and edx
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
- Session: Course Starts on May 21, 2018
The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a “City of Learning” — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay.
About This Course
Businesses and institutions today turn to social media platforms to build and promote their brands, share news and information, and engage with their audiences. But given its massive popularity, writing for social media can be a challenge. How do you connect with your audience? How do you write for these critical channels?
Why Take This Course?
This course focuses on effective writing practices for a social media environment. You will learn how to structure and write content that will deliver your messaging and engage your audiences; you will learn how to think about what a reader needs and wants from your organization.
- Assess the audience you are writing for
- Customize content for the specific audience and delivery method
- Use effective online writing strategies
- Communicate effectively in an online environment
Tim Peters, B.S., M.A., works for Tata Consultancy Services in Santa Clara, where he is lead content strategist in the company's Content Services team.
Course 1 – The Writing Process
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)