Free Online Course – Using Information to Build Business Success
“Using Information to Build Business Success” is a free online course by the University of Groningen available on FutureLearn.com. This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage.
In this course, applicants will learn the value of information to businesses and how it can give the business a competitive advantage. The course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Using Information to Build Business Success
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 6, 2017
Deakin University offers a brilliant education where students are and where they want to go – in their lives and in their careers. Deakin University is Australia's eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus. With world-class teaching and research, Deakin produces sought-after graduates poised to make a real difference in the world.
About This Course
This online course looks at the value of information to businesses and how using what you know can give you a competitive advantage. You will:
- Explore entrepreneurial spirit and find out how to elevate yourself above the competition
- Examine case studies of how businesses use information to generate distinctive ideas and create new opportunities
- Analyse your own situation and develop the confidence to make decisions that lead to you achieving your personal goals
- Discuss with fellow learners your own competitive nature and the ethical implications of having an information advantage
- Understand the elements that set your business apart and how to use this knowledge to stay ahead.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to…
- Identify how information and IT can generate business value for competitive advantage
- Discover how differnt kinds of IT investments provide differnet types of business value
- Analyse your own competitive advantage and the value of informaton you hold
- Develop a plan for how you can successfully use the value of information in your career
This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage. It will be of particular interest to new small to medium enterprises and learners devising new business plans.
Rens Scheepers is Professor of Business Analytics at Deakin Business School at Deakin University, Burwood Australia. His teaching and research focuses on information-based competitiveness.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).