MandarinX is offering free online course to learn Mandarin Chinese for Business. This course is aimed at students who have basic knowledge of Mandarin Chinese.
Over six-week applicants will learn common Mandarin Chinese business phrases and understand Chinese culture so they can communicate professionally in the largest market in the world. The course will start on August 22, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4 hours pw
Price: Free. Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Starts on August 22, 2016
With globalization comes the need for increased communication. MandarinX strives to help bridge the gap between cultures by facilitating the communication process. An increased demand means a growing number of opportunities for dedicated individuals willing to devote their time to learning this complex language with a rich history and deep cultural roots.
About This Course
Take the next step in learning Mandarin Chinese and expand your language skills so you can effectively communicate in Chinese business.
In this language training MOOC, you will learn common phrases and scenarios of business and negotiation in Chinese speaking countries. You will also learn about Chinese business culture and etiquette and the needs of businessmen and women. This course was developed with the assistance of Haohsiang Liao, Director of the Chinese Language Program at MIT.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Mandarin phrases and expressions for business negotiation
- Chinese business culture and etiquette
Estella Y. M. Chen
Estella Chen is a professor at College of Commerce at National Chengchi University.
Basic knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is required.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)