Goldsmiths, University of London is offering free course to Prepare for Career Success at University. This 3 week is aimed at anyone who is thinking about entering higher education or making a career change in the near future.
The overall objective of the course is to find out how to make the most of your time at university and ensure you have the skills and experience graduate employers want. The course will start on July 18, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: English language
Institution: Goldsmiths, University of London and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on July 18, 2016
Founded in 1891, Goldsmiths, University of London is an institution with a rich academic history, known for its creative approach. Goldsmiths is in the UK's top 25 universities for the quality of its research (Research Excellence Framework, THE research intensity ranking).
Its 9,000 students are based on campus in the heart of south-east London's New Cross community, studying undergraduate, postgraduate, teacher training and return-to-study courses in the arts and humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, computing, and entrepreneurial business and management.
About This Course
Choosing the right degree and university may feel daunting enough, without worrying about what you're going to do after graduation. But with the graduate job market becoming increasingly competitive, it's vital to start thinking about your long-term career and employability now.
This free online course will show you how to make the most of the time you'll spend in higher education, with the ultimate aim of improving your prospects when you graduate.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn with Helen Kempster – the Pre-Entry Careers Consultant at Goldsmiths, which is the only University of London college to have a role dedicated to providing careers information, advice and guidance to prospective students.
What you learn through the course will ensure that you're well-prepared both for your transition into university and your future career.
Over three weeks, you will:
- increase your own awareness of your skills, values, and interests;
- understand the importance of employability skills and experience in your graduate job hunt;
- understand how you can best use higher education to develop these skills and experience;
- and formulate a skills development action plan.
She is a Senior Careers Consultant at Goldsmiths, University of London, part of The Careers Group. I work with prospective and current students, and graduates, to help them achieve career success.
This course is primarily designed for 16 to 18-year-olds who are considering entering university. It is also suitable for anyone who is thinking about entering higher education or making a career change in the near future.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).