Monash University is offering free online course on Introduction to Law. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in law.
This free online course will provide an introductory insight to the common law system, variations of which are used in countries that are home to 2.3 billion people worldwide. The course will start on October 3, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Institution: Monash University and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on October 3, 2016
Monash University is one of Australia's leading universities ranked in the world's top 1% (Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
About This Course
From a personal and professional standpoint, everybody needs a basic comprehension of the legal system in which they live, in order to operate within the law and understand their legal rights and responsibilities.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Locate and apply relevant regulatory requirements
- Identify, research, articulate and apply the legal principles relevant to your professional and personal life
- Communicate effectively about legal principles, rights and responsibilities
- Anticipate and mitigate legal risk and problems arising in your professional and personal life.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in law. Whether out of professional or personal interest in the legal environment in which you live and work, this course is for you.
Interested in legal education and raising legal consciousness in society for the benefit of all.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).