The University of Adelaide is offering a free online course on Project Management. In this six-week course, applicants will learn the principles of project management and apply them in their own work and life.
In Introduction to Project Management, applicants will learn practical ways to use project management skills, whether your project is large or small. The course will start on June 9, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of Adelaide and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course starts on June 9, 2016
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university and has a strong reputation for excellence in research and teaching. The University is known for its dedication to the discovery of new knowledge and preparing the educated leaders of tomorrow. It has over 100 Rhodes Scholars, including Australia's first Indigenous winner, and five Nobel Laureates among its alumni community. Currently, there are more than 25,000 students from over 90 countries.
About This Course
Project management is an essential skill-set for many careers and in many contexts in our lives. Introduction to Project Management is an ideal starting point if you need to manage projects at work or at home while not necessarily being a formally trained project manager. It is also suitable if you are considering undertaking a project in the near future and are seeking to learn and apply essential project management knowledge and skills.
To deliver a project successfully, it's important to start by clearly identifying what the project is, and what its outcomes will be. In the course, we will show you practical ways to explore and understand your goals from the outset of your project, and to consider all the factors that may affect its execution. Step by step you will learn how to plan, scope, schedule, cost and manage your project from beginning to end. Since every project relies on the people who are delivering it, the course also enables you to explore how you can effectively communicate, manage people and employ leadership skills to successfully deliver your own project.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
In Introduction to Project Management, you will learn practical ways to use project management skills, whether your project is large or small. Join us to explore how you can benefit from using project management techniques in your own projects.
- Core knowledge and applied skills in project management
- Essential communication skills to help you manage a project
- An understanding of why today's projects are more complex
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)