This session University of Leeds will be offering an open online version of course, ‘Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice.' This course covers issues such as learning from experience and tackling difficult challenges with the help of blended learning.
This free online course is aimed at professional who wants to use blended learning to make more effective use of technology to support your learners. The 3-weeks course starts on June 6, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours pw
Subject: Blended Learning
Institution: University of Leeds and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on June 6, 2016.
As one of the UK's largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching. The aim is to create a student experience that is second to none and as part of this, online learning is increasingly important, even to its full-time campus-based students. The MOOCs will allow the University to explore new and different ways to provide online education.
FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
About This Course
This is the second part of the Blended Learning Essentials course, which will build upon the content of the first part, covering issues such as learning from experience and tackling difficult challenges with the help of blended learning.
If applicants are working in further education, skills training, vocational education, workplace learning, lifelong learning or adult education, the course is designed to support them as a professional who wants to use blended learning to make more effective use of technology to support their learners.
Why Take This Course?
Throughout the course applicants will join a community of online learners, providing an opportunity for interactive learning with other students both in the UK and internationally. Applicants will learn together with your colleagues in the vocational education and training sector. This online course will be supported by a group of dedicated Digital Champions. This course has been created with the generous funding of the Ufi Charitable Trust.
As a course participant students have a number of ways to gain professional recognition and accreditation for participating in the course and as a next step in their professional development.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- integrate new technologies into courses, and learning and training opportunities;
- propose ways in which new technology can help to address key challenges in the VET sector;
- develop your own skills further and contribute to the sector's community knowledge of the optimal uses of blended learning.
Chair of Learning with Digital Technology, London Knowledge Lab, UCL Institute of Education.
Director of Digital Learning and Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Leeds.
The course is free to attend and open to all. It is particularly aimed at anyone working in the Vocational Education and Training sector. Whether you are directly supporting learners or delivering training, or managing courses, this course will help you use blended learning more effectively.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, you will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, you will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on your My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that you've completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).