Coordinates, supervise, and support thoroughly the data collection of the Protection Monitoring project and the constant availability of updated project related data (Protection Monitoring activities and case management activities), their correct entry into external and internal databases, their maintenance and analysis with support of the Project Manager Assistant and Project Manager.
Missions and Responsibilities:
- Create and modify forms on tablets and on google drive in line with international and donor standards
- Retrieve, modify and update databases from Kobo server.
- Create, enhance, develop online databases (google drive, access)
- Develop and implement information management systems for PM, PMA, by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Enhance online reporting dashboards to support Protection project at NWSW level
- Storing, categorising and maintaining databases
- Receives daily records, reporting, and data documents from the protection monitoring (PM), the case management (CM), the community services (CS), distribution activities and any future other activities related with the project and store them correctly
- Further to proper check-ups enters on daily base all data into external (UN & partner) and internal (INTERSOS) databases
- Consolidate/elaborate (data entry in system) the weekly and monthly Activity donor report, in coordination with the Project manager
- Assist the PM and PMA in preparing the monthly/weekly protection report; new data bases, new forms and databases for the different sub-sectors to the project
- Organize monthly meetings with outreach staff and PM and in BUea and Bamenda.
- Follow up of the use of monitoring tools for outreach staff
- Train the outreach staff on the use of monitoring tools and how to correctly enter the data, if necessary to make training actions to remind the correct use of the monitoring tools
- Checks and verifies data quality and accurate reporting from the field level to the Data Unit focusing on clarity, accuracy, consistency and reliability
Conduct trainings for outreach staff on information collection systems usage
- Perform other related duties as identified by supervisor.
- Supports Project Manager and Project Manager Assistant on internal monitoring tools (Project Appraisal Tool).
- Support data compilation and analysis for proposal development
- Support the Coordination department if necessary
- University degree or technical degree in Business Administration or Business Management, Economics, Information Technology, Statistics or related fields.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- MS proficiency (Word, Excel, etc..).
- Reporting skills.
- Capacity to analyse data and trend and to elaborate on graphs, charts, maps
- Good level of numeracy.
- Previous experience in the use of Kobo Collect is an asset
- High level of confidentiality and respect of data protection protocols;
- Attention to details.
- Analytical thinking.
- Communication Skills, good ability to transmit information
- Ability to teach and train is a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Planning and Organizing (Ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic vision
- Leadership: developing and motivating staff
- Driving and achieving results
- Fluency in English, French is a plus.