Group Relationship Manager
1. Objective: To develop Group Marketing Strategy and implement the business Growth agenda.
2. Basic Qualification and Experience: A minimum of University degree in an appropriate field. At least 5 years work experience in relevant company or institution such as banking house, private sector firms in Manufacturing or Services. An experience in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
Essential attributes will include:
- Knowledge of the commodities value chain markets worldwide, big players in these markets, and seasonal commodities,
- Intricate knowledge of trade finance and financial instruments,
- Knowledge of ACE Global services in relation to bank products.
- Manage a collaborative Relationship with customers
- Analyse Market trends & Growth drivers
- Supply Market Intelligence and Analysis
3. Language: Fluent in English
4. Line of Reporting: Reports directly to the Group CEO and Executive Management.
- The Group Relationship Manager will actively market and promote ACE Global services to a diverse range of clients in all countries where ACE Global Depository Group of Companies operates.
- He will ensure client's maximum satisfaction with professional, diligent and efficient delivery of high quality services. He shall create and obtain sign-off for new deals.
- He will have in-depth knowledge of all the services offered by ACE Global Depository Group of Companies, have the ability to customize products and create new offerings for unique client needs, educate ACE Global Depository Group of Companies and external clients/partners around on ACE Global Depository Group of Companies and bank services, and train the ACE Global Depository Group of Companies' staff on new products and how they function on an operational level.
- In the discharge of functions, he shall utilize knowledge in commodities (commodity markets, whether local or international, key traders in the region commodity specifics, seasonality, processes and risks) trade finance and financial instruments; bank products in related services; logistics, shipping and transportation activities and documents;
- With the assistance of Technical Support Services Manager and Borrower, prepare Commodity Specific Profiles, ACE Credit Shield Insurance Questionnaire and KYCC in ACE Global approved format.
- Understand the regulations and legal requirements to perform ACE Services in the said region. Understand the specific commodity measurement, process, mechanism, etc. in all ACE operating countries (Commodity Profile).
- Perform due diligence on the transaction (KYCC to be used) to identify all the risks associated with the transaction and prepare risk mitigant structure in the prescribed format to be shared with all parties involved in the transaction.
- Make a recommendation in ACE Global approved format Relationship Manager's Recommendation (RMR) to the Executive Management at regional level.
- Draft the contracts with assistance of legal department, based on the ACE services to be performed.
- Coordinate and follow up the approval process by submitting Credit Support Approval Package comprising of CPS, the KYCC, the ACE Credit Shield, CLF, draft contracts and KYCC to the Credit Support Manager and the Technical Support Services Manager.
- Communicate the findings to the lenders and confirm ACE Global's involvement in the operation and any recommendations made by Credit Support Manager as a result of storage facility inspection.
- Obtain Communication in writing from the lender on ACE engagement or intention to engage ACE and communicate to Finance Manager and Risk Manager.
- Identify potential clients and assess their needs.
- Capture potential clients and deals on the ACE GLOBAL E3C system.
- Attend meeting with prospect as well as existing clients and write call report just after the meeting with action points, responsible person and time framework.
- Convert potential deals to live deals (targets assigned each year).
- Present new deals to approval forum (credit support approval committee).
- Draft tentative term sheets and mandate letters.
- Maintain database of all the commodities traded covering countries of origin, statistics key players, quality specifications, etc.
- Obtain information required to perform due diligence on the borrower from the bank where the bank has approved the facility of from either the bank or the borrower where ACE has marketed the borrower.
- Request and negotiate deal approval (clients, products, insurance).
- Request contracts from Legal and provide consultation, obtain client signature.
- Obtain external legal counsel as appropriate.
- Communicate agreed client and deal rates to the finance department.
- Review invoices for external legal counsel, insurance, transport and clearing agent.
- Find new buyers when necessary (mark-to-market payments not made).
- Facilitate the granting or refusal of requests for a payment extension period.
- Check country, product commodity and client credit limits periodically.
- Determine required credit limits.
- Identify the need for insurance and revise insurance policies with insurers.
- Determine the need for an insurance claim and liaise with the client for details.
- Determine the action in the event of an insurance claim.
- Actively market and negotiate banks products in new regions to drive division expansion.
- Actively market and negotiate ACE products in new regions to drive division expansion.
- Determine means to mitigate unique regional risks such that bank and ACE can expand operations.
- Liaise with legal experts in-country regarding product constructs, etc.
- Train, coach and assist new marketers in new regions, and train the TSS and Credit Support officers in ACE and banks back-office staff.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and letter of invitation to Ms. Bile on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 27th July 2015