CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF A CAISSIER FOR ACMS BAMENDA OFFICE
Context and rationale:
The Cameroon Association for social Marketing (ACMS), affiliated to the Populations Services International (PSI) network, is looking for a Cashier for the ACMS office in Bamenda.
The cashier will be responsible for the administrative management, the management of funds within the region including petty cash, bank, sales, purchasing management in strict accordance with the procedures manual in force.
Place of Work: Bamenda
Type of contract: (2) two years contract
Start of operation: April 2017
Position level: Category 9A of the tertiary sector II
Under the administrative supervision of the zone III Regional Manager and the technical supervision of the Accounting Coordinator, the cashier will:
R1: Ensure Petty Cash Operations:
- Execute the expenses of the petty cash of Bamenda;
- Make cash withdrawals from the bank to replenish the petty cash exclusively;
- Maintain a cash and bank register;
- Ensure the ongoing implementation of ACMS accounting procedures on petty cash management;
- Ensure the implementation of ACMS audit recommendations on cash management.
R2: Ensure the proper management of office supplies and fuel bills:
- Manage Bamenda office supplies including tracking the stock of sales documents;
- Management fuel vouchers and Tom Card from the Bamenda office;
- Ensure the replenishment of fuel supplies and payment of bills in real time.
R3: Ensure availability of funds:
- Issue advances to promoters, radio and newspaper teams;
- Ensure bank disbursement and dispatch of funds;
- Make certain payments.
R4: Sales Processing:
- Collect revenue from sales of products and make deposits in dedicated bank accounts within the prescribed time limits;
- Prepare invoices, receipts and payment slips for timely submission of documents to accounting.
R5: Other responsibilities:
- Periodically support the accountant in his / her work;
- Conduct filling and recording of documents received;
- Prepare monthly statistics of sales and receipts tables and send to the accountant for verification and transmission to headquarters;
- Draft the various monthly, quarterly and annual reports of its activities;
- Perform any other tasks related to its activities entrusted to it by its hierarchy.
Required qualifications and professional experience
- Be of Cameroonian nationality;
- Holder of at least a diploma (two years post high school) in accounting, management or finance
- Have at least two (2) years of professional experience as the principal a primary cashier or accountant
- Fluency in English
- Good computer and software skills (word, power point, Excel)
- Being familiar with social marketing and / or NGOs is an asset
- Be of good character, integrity, availability and honesty
- Able to plan and organize your work on a day-to-day basis
Additional Skills Required:
- Be able to work under pressure and in team;
- Ability to maintain working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment while being sensitive and respectful of diversity;
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in their work and demonstrate a sense of integrity
- Ability to demonstrate skills in human relations management, communication;
- Ability to analyze and manage for results;
- Have a structured mind and good ability to speak and write well.
- Cover letter addressed to ACMS' Executive Director;
- A CV;
- Legalized copy of diploma required;
- Legalized copy of the national identity card;
- Extract from Bulletin N.o 3 of the criminal record dating from less than three months;
- Copies of documents attesting to the candidate's experience (Certificates of training and employment attestations, work certificate, or any other document related there to);
N.B: The absence of a document constituting the application file as specified in the notice will result in the rejection of the application.
Submission of application files
Complete application files should be deposited in an anonymous envelope marked "Candidacy for the position of Cashier ACMS Bamenda":
- ACMS head office in Yaoundé, Mballa II neighbourhood, at Dragages, Tel/ Fax: 222 20 92 24
- The regional office in the Garoua at Marouaré neighbourhood, behing the grand mosque of Poumpoumré Tel: 222 27 20 02
- The liaison office in Maroua, Dougoï, Tel: 651 25 36 95
- The liaison office in N'Gaoundéré, at the administrative quarters, Tel: 678 82 80 67
- The Regional office in Douala, Ndogbati neighbourhood (Carrefour Agip) near “Maison du cycle” Tel: 333 41 11 12
- The regional office in Bamenda at COW STREET-NKWEN, Tel: 333 36 20 79
Deadline for the admissibility of applications: Monday 13 March 2017
Women candidates are strongly encouraged and only and shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified profile for the position.