CALL FOR APPLICATION NOTICE FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF ONE (01) FAMILY HEALTH COMMUNICATION OFFICER WITHIN THE ACMS
Background and rationale
The Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS) is looking for one (01) highly skilled Family Health Communication Officer for service needs.
The successful candidate will provide strategic and technical expertise to the MarketingCommunication & Distribution activities of the ACMS in its fields of intervention regarding family health.
ACMS is the affiliate of Population Services International (PSI) in Cameroon. PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract, CDD.
Start: March 2014.
Post level: Category IX grade C in the tertiary II level of the National Collective Convention on Business.
Under the supervision of the Senior Coordinator of Marketing, Communication and Sales, the Family Health Communication Officer’s main responsibilities are to:
- Contribute to the preparation, drafting, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of all media communication and interpersonal campaigns on products and services of the ACMS;
- Supervise the team in charge of Interpersonal Communication (IPC) in various projects within the Family Health Department (FHD) ;
- Devise and implement media and interpersonal strategies and campaigns for FHD’s projects ;
- Make sure that the implementation and / or broadcasting of media and interpersonal campaigns of FHD’s products and projects are effective;
- Devise and monitor the production of FHD’s promotional and educational products and projects;
- Identify training, coaching, mentoring and motivating needs of teams under her/ his supervision and then contribute to the search for optimal solutions;
- Update a database of FHD’s institutional, media and Community Based Organization (CBO) partners quarterly;
- Prepare and facilitate the training of CBOs that are partners to the FHD;
- Coordinate the drafting and/or implementation of Project proposals, abstracts, best practices , training materials and speeches for FHD’s activities;
- Provide papers on FHD’s activities in order to make contributions to the corporate website, newsletter and other corporate communication tools developed by the ACMS;
- Provide a monthly report on FHD’s communication activities;
- Contribute to the drafting of the monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the Marketing Department;
- Assess the factors jeopardizing the achievement of results, recommend corrective actions and monitor these recommendations;
- Perform any other tasks related to her/his activities as assigned to her/ him by hierarchy.
Required Professional Skills and Experience
- Be a Cameroonian citizen ; be 25 at least and 35 at most;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor/Master I university degree in Communication, Marketing , Information and Communication Science , Engineer Manager , Management Science , Project Management ;
- An MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing / Communication is an asset;
- Two to three years ( 02- 03 ) experience, including :
- 02 years in communication/ marketing or project management in the sector ;
- 02 years as Service Head or Project Manager within an organization, agency or firm (conducting a research, devising a campaign, launching, repositioning of a product or a service
- Experience in supervising a team of three to five (03-05) people.
Required Additional Skills:
- Be dynamic with a sense of innovation and ability to work under pressure;
- Familiarity with international NGOs / private business sector, the mastery of the development and implementation of Marketing and Communication campaigns/plans is an asset;
- Experience in team management on the field is an asset;
- Successful experience in Monitoring / Evaluation of dispersed project teams;
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and professional software;
- Fluency, write and communicate in French and / or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Cover letter to the Executive Director of ACMS;
- A CV on the basis of the form available on the website : http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Certified copied of required certificates; photocopy of the National Identity Card ;
- Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (internship and job testimonials, employment certificate and/or any other related document);
- View detailed job description on the website: http://www.acms-cm.org.
Place of applications submission
Complete application files will be submitted in an anonymous envelope marked “Application for the position of Health Family Communication Officer ACMS".
- ACMS Yaoundé : Mballa II neighbourhood at the place known as Dragages Tel/Fax : 22-20-92-24
- ACMS Garoua : Yelwa neighbourhood, Hôtel de la cité Tel : 22-27-20-02
- ACMS Douala : Ndogbati neighbourhood (Agip round about) near Maison du cycle Tel: 33 41 11 12
- ACMS Bamenda Office : Full Market 2nd floor Ben Building Tel : 33-36-20-79
Please, specify the means by which you received this notice in your cover letter.
NB: Deadline for application files submission: 3rd February 2014
Female candidates are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ACMS reserves the right to make an appointment at a lower level or on the basis of a modified profile position.
Done in Yaounde, 13th January 2014