CALL FOR APPLICATION NOTICE FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF ONE (01) sTrategies and sales OFFICER WITHIN THE ACMS
Background and rationale
The Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS) is looking for one (01) highly skilled Strategies and Sales Officer for service needs.
The successful candidate will provide strategic and technical expertise to the Marketing and Communication activities of the ACMS in its fields of intervention regarding family health.
ACMS is the affiliate of Population Services International (PSI) in Cameroon. PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract, CDD.
Start: March 2014.
Post level: Category IX grade C in the tertiary II level of the National Collective Convention on Business.
Under the supervision of the Senior Coordinator of Marketing, Communication and Sales (SCMSC), the Strategies and Sales Officer’s main responsibilities are to:
- Adopt strategies to promote the selling of ACMS products;
- Actively participate in the holding of the Sales Force Annual Meeting (SF) and the Annual Convention of Wholesalers ( Develop TORs , budgets , planning) ;
Plan and submit outreach activities of the sales and distribution network in close collaboration with Regional Managers (RM);
- Develop and submit the supervisory planning of activities on the field;
- Follow the progress of sales activities in all regional offices in collaboration with RM on a daily basis ;
- Follow the progress of sales activities and SF performance in the regions weekly;
- Make sure that the capacity building of teams on the field is effective as regards the use of Mobile Video Unit ( MVU );
- Plan and ensure the actual monitoring of the use of MVU for outreach activities of the sales and distribution network;
- Provide the summary of the plan of action of field activities (TC , SM, MVU ) and submit for validation by the SCMSC;
- Follow the expansion of new distribution channels (petrol stations, supermarkets, hotels, pharmacies...
- Follow the level of achievement of sales targets by product and per Region in a comprehensive manner ;
- Consolidate and submit the monthly, quarterly and annual reports from the Marketing Department;
- Assess the factors jeopardizing the achievement of results, recommend corrective actions and monitor these recommendations;
- Perform any other tasks related to her/his activities as assigned to her/ him by hierarchy.
Required Professional Skills and Experience
- Be a Cameroonian citizen ; be 25 at least and 40 at most;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor/Master I university degree in Marketing/Distribution/ Logistics/Sales, Communication, Marketing , Information and Communication Science , Engineer Manager , Management Science , Project Management ;
- An MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing /Distribution or Communication is an asset;
- Three years (03) experience, including :
- 02 years in marketing, sales communication or project management in the sector ;
- 02 years as Service Head or Project Manager within an organization, agency or firm (conducting a research, devising a campaign, launching, repositioning of a product or a service ) ;
- Experience in supervising a team of three to five (03-05) people.
Required Additional Skills:
- Be dynamic with a sense of innovation and ability to work under pressure;
- Familiarity with international NGOs / private business sector, the sound mastery of marketing planning, experience in team management are an asset;
- Successful experience in Monitoring / Evaluation of dispersed project teams;
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and business management softwares;
- Fluency, write and communicate in French and / or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- 1. Cover letter to the Executive Director of ACMS;;
- A CV on the basis of the form available on the website : http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Certified copied of required certificates; photocopy of the National Identity Card ;
- Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (internship and job testimonials, employment certificate and/or any other related document);
- View detailed job description on the website: http://www.acms-cm.org.
Place of application files submission
Complete application files will be submitted in an anonymous envelope marked “Application for the position of Strategies and Sales Officer ACMS".
- ACMS Yaoundé : Mballa II neighbourhood at the place known as Dragages Tel/Fax : 22-20-92-24
- ACMS Garoua : Yelwa neighbourhood, Hôtel de la cité Tel : 22-27-20-02
- ACMS Douala : Ndogbati neighbourhood (Agip round about) near Maison du cycle Tel: 33 41 11 12
- ACMS Bamenda Office : Full Market 2nd floor Ben Building Tel : 33-36-20-79
Please, specify the means by which you received this notice in your cover letter.
NB: Deadline for application files submission: 3rd February 2014
Female candidates are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ACMS reserves the right to make an appointment at a lower level or on the basis of a modified profile position.
Done in Yaounde, 13th January 2014