JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF ONE (01) COMMUNICATION OFFICER FOR THE AIDS RESPONSE PROGRAMME IN ACMS
Context and justification
(ACMS) "Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social” is seeking the services of one (01) highly qualified Communication Officer for the AIDS Response Programme.
The selected Candidate will bring his/her strategic and technical expertise to the Marketing and Communication activities of ACMS in its actions relating to the response to Aids.
ACMS is an affiliate of the Populations Services International (PSI) network. PSI is an internationally known organisation that operates in the health domain, and whose programmes target malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Type of employment contract: Fixed term contract
Start date: March 2014.
Position level: Category IX, grade C of the II tertiary sector of the National Collective Trade Agreement.
Answerable to the Senior Marketing, Communication and Sales Coordinator, the Communication Officer for the Aids Response Programme will mainly be tasked with:
- Contributing to the preparation, drafting, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans;
- Developing yearly communication plans on the basis of marketing plans;
- Designing an annual advocacy plan based on the marketing plan;
- · Coordinating the development and implementation of all media and face-to-face communication drives for products and services, offered by ACMS, relating to the AIDS response programme;
- Designing and carrying out strategies, media and face-to-cafe campaigns for projects relating to the response to AIDS in collaboration with the project heads of the various programme divisions ;
- Ensuring the implementation and/or wide promotion of media and face-to-face campaigns of products and services relating to the AIDS response programme in ACMS ;
- Working with a media pool to make activities relating to the AIDS response programmevisible;
- Designing and monitoring the production of promotional as well as educational material tied to products and services relating to the AIDS response programme in ACMS; Ensuring the completeness, the balance and the perfect display of the brands and messages related to HIV products/services during public events ;
- Carrying out permanent market intelligence regarding all HIV products;
- Contributing to the identification of the training, coaching, mentoring and motivational needs of the ACMS' sales team and seeking the best solutions;
- Updating quarterly a database of institutional partners, media and Community-Based Organisations (CBO) partners involved in the AIDS response programme;
- Preparing and hosting training for peer educators involved in the AIDS response programme;
- Coordinating the writing of articles, good practices, speeches and public statements for activities relating to the response to AIDS;
- Contributing to the writing of abstracts ;
- Writing articles relating to the AIDS response programme to create content for the institution's website, the newsletter and any other institutional tool for communication created by ACMS ;
- Writing the monthly communication activity report relating to the AIDS response programme;
- Contributing to the drafting of the monthly, quarterly and annual report of the Marketing Division;
- Analysing the factors that affect the attainment of results, recommending corrective action and following up these recommendations;
- Carrying out any other task, assigned to him/her by hierarchy, related to his/her activities.
Required qualifications and professional experience
- Be a Cameroonian ; be at least 25 years old and not more than 35 years old ;
- Be holder of a Bachelor or Master I degree in Communication; Journalism ; Information and Communication Sciences,
- Specialisation in communication with regards to Marketing or communication with regards to health is a plus;
- Have a two to four (02 to 04) year experience with:
- at least 02 years in the domain of communication ;
- at least 02 years in the domain of communication related to marketing products and/or services ;
Additional skills required:
- Be dynamic, innovative and capable of working under pressure ;
- Have knowledge about national and international NGOs/ the private business sector, mastery of designing and implementing Marketing and Communication projects /campaigns is an asset;
- Experience with managing field teams is a plus;
- Successful experience in implementing many simultaneous campaigns;
- Have very good mastery of Microsoft Office and professional software;
- Be able to speak, write and communicate in French and/or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Cover letter;
- A CV that complies with the form available on the site : http://www.acms-cm.org ;
- Certified true copy of certificates required; photocopy of national identity card ;
- Copies of documents attesting to the candidate's experience (Internship and employment attestations, service letter and/ or any other related document)
Submitting application files
Complete application files should be submitted in anonymous envelop on which is written:“Application for the position of Communication Officer for the AIDS Response Programme in ACMS”
- ACMS Yaounde : quartier Mballa II at Dragages Tel/Fax : 22-20-92-24
- ACMS Garoua : Yelwa neighbourhood, l’hôtel de la cité Tel : 22 -27 -20 6 -02
- ACMS Douala : Ndogbati neighbourhood (carrefour Agip) near the “maison du cycle” Tel: 3341 11 12
- ACMS Bamenda Office : Full Market 2nd floor Ben Building Tel : 33-36-20-79
Kindly indicate, in your cover letter, how you came to know about this job offer.
NB: Deadline for submitting applications files: 3rd February 2014
Female candidates are strongly advised to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit a candidate who does not fulfil all the above stated-requirements or using a modified profile for the position
Done in Yaounde, on January 14th, 2014