Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity. Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pionner into ans established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the Middle East, and the North Sea. Addax Petroleum has over 1100 employees worldwide with service offices in Geneva(Switzerland) and Houston(USA), and operating offices in Lagos(Nigeria), Port-Gentil(Gabon) and Douala(Cameroon). Addax Petroleum Cameroon Company LLC is therefore pleased to announce its interest in motivated and experienced candidates for the following opening in the Finance Departement.
Job Position: Hydrocarbon Accountant and Export CoordinatorWork
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Work Shedule: 5/2
Reports to: Tax and Customs Supervisor
The Hydrocarbon Accountant and Export Coordinator will be responsible for Hydrocarbon Accounting and Entitlement Modeling for all Addax Licenses within Cameroon. The role is also responsible for the coordination and Management of Addax crude oil exports. Addax currently has interests in three Concessions and two Production Sharing Contracts, four of which are currently in production.Key AccountabilitiesThe Hydrocarbon Accountant and Export Coordinator is critical in ensuring Hydrocarbon Accounting and Reporting is managed properly as follows:
- Own and maintain the entitlement and cost recovery models for Addax's operated assets;
- Maintain a master database of all production from fields in which Addax has an interest and utilize this database to determine Addax's production and lifting rights vis-à vis other joint venture participants;
- Track Addaxs crude oil stocks;
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual production and cost recovery reports, as specified in Addax's Production Sharing or Concession Contracts;
- Prepare the regular production and crude oil stock movement reports in coordination with partners and Addax's offshore production team for onward transmission to joint venture participants;
- Prepare long-term export forecasts to meet Addax internal budgeting and cash flow forecasting requirements;
- Work in collaboration with partners, the terminal operator and Addax crude oil traders to prepare lifting and exports schedules. Provide all other information and support to assist in the marketing of Addax's export cargos;
- Travel offshore to witness and monitor export or crude oil transfer operations for Addax's equity production.(The position will require frequent trip offshore, including during weekends and holidays.);
- Open and maintain auditable files for each export shipment in accordance with Addax and Cameroon Customs requirements and regulations;
- Prepare exports and lifting reports for Addax management both locally and in Geneva;
- Review and code export-related invoices to ensure prompt payment of third party service providers within a reasonable timeframe;
- Receive and administer quality and quantity claims in relation to export cargos;
- Assist during audits by customs and tax officials by making available export files for the audit period.
The incumbent is part of a Finance Team of 22 staff.
- Interacts with peers in Addax Petroleum Corporate office in Geneva and/or other Addax Petroleum operating companies including joint venture stakeholders.
- Interacts with senior technical executives of external vendors(local and international).
- Work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Work on weekends, holidays and night.
- Behavioural RequirementsThe candidate should possess the following:
- Methodical approach to organization and delivery of tasks;
- Great attention to detail and good organization;
- Flexible approach to changing working conditions and arrangements;
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve skills;
- Ability to work within and respond to a high paced work environment;
- Excellent time management, organization, planning, execution and reporting skills;
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude to work;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Influencing and negotiation skills, able to represent new ideas and concepts to an audience;
- Good safety awareness.
- This position requires that the candidate has significant prior Hydrocarbon Accounting of Lifting Coordination experience. Specifically:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in finance roles with a multinational energy company is required, including prior experience of Hydrocarbon Accounting and/or Entitlement Modeling. Joint venture accounting experience would be an advantage, but is not a prerequisite;
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to develop good working relationships with internal and external counterparties. Ability ot engender credibility and trust with co-workers and colleagues is a must;
- Prior experience with marine operations(particularly crude oil export operations) would be a distinct advantage, but is not required. Willingness to travel by rotary aircraft to offshore oil installations for overnight stays is a must;
- Ability ot work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Both a Bachelor's Degree in finance/accounting and a recognized accounting qualification;
- Mastery-level skills in Microsoft Excel are required. Prior experience working with accounting systems is preferred, but not specifically required;
- Oral and written fluency in English is required. Proficiency in French would be advantageous, but is not required.
If you have what it takes to endorse the role of Hydrocarbon Accountant and Export Coordinator forward your updated CVs to the following email address:
Apcc-Recruitment@cm.addaxpetroleum.com on or before the 14th July, 2014.
NB. The email subject should read Application for Hydrocarbon Accountant.