Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity.Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the Middle East, and the North Sea.Addax Petroleum has over 1100 employees worldwide with service offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Houston (USA), and operating offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Port-Gentil (Gabon) and Douala (Cameroon).
Addax Petroleum Cameroon Company LLC is therefore pleased to announce its interest in motivated and experienced candidates for the following opening in the Operations and Technical Department:
Job Position: Facilities Project Engineer
Work Location: Douala, Cameroon
Work Schedule: Weekdays (5/2)
Reports to: Head of Facilities Engineering
Number of Position: 1
The Facilities Project Engineer leads small to medium facilities projects for APCC from definition phase through start-up and handover to Operation. He / She manage the various deliverables of the project such as AFE justification, design, engineering and construction contracts. He / She have a leadership role in overseeing contract execution activities during fabrication, construction and installation and commissioning phases of the project.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
- Deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and according to Company policy and specifications.
- Perform the role of contract holder or company representative for associated contracts and coordinate delivery of technical support during construction.
- Maintain efficient interfaces with the operations department.
- Ensure that their own actions, as well as those of contractors, are conducted in accordance with the company's HSE management system.
Interface & Dimensions
- APCC operates the Mokoko-Abana field and is a partner in the Perenco-operated Rio Del Rey field. Surface infrastructure in Mokoko-Abana includes two processing/compressor platforms and eleven producing satellite platforms
- This position has no direct staffContract holder on ad-hoc basis.
- Project Capex budget: average US$1 million / yearExternal interlaces
- Partners SNH and PERENCO
- Lead design contractors: Doris Inc.
- Local contractors
- Internal Governance
- Guidelines: Group policies/standards (include governance, risk based controls)
- Accepted industry standards (API, etc.)
- National regulations/standards
- Meet all HSE, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Utilize resources from both within and outside own department.
- Lead a project team comprising both full and part-time staff.
- Coordinate project development and execution in a brown-field environment.
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
- B.Sc. or BE degree or equivalent in relevant discipline (Process, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering).
- Awareness of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- 5 years in the industry, preferably oil and gas related experience
- Motivated individual who possesses good communication skills, leadership abilities with a can-do attitude.
- Able to work in a very diverse multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
If your profile meets the above mentioned requirements, kindly forward an updated CV to the following email address: Apcc-Recruitment@cm.addaxpetroleum.com on or before the 21st October 2014.
NB. The email subject should read Application for Facilities Project Engineer.