Petite annonce / classified ad
Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Inscrivez-vous sur cm1xbet.com et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : das14
Register on cm1xbet.com and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: das14
Career Opportunities: Administration Assistant (Travel) (107571)
Requisition # 107571 - Posted 21/10/2019 - Fixed Term - Africa, Central & Eastern - Cameroon - Yaounde - Working Job Language (2) - ADMINISTRATION
Post Title: Administration Assistant (Travel)
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative and travel management processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The incumbent will promote a client, quality and results-oriented approach and work in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme in the CO and other external stakeholders to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Officer and overall guidance of the Administration and Finance Officer, the Administrative and Travel Assistant will among other tasks perform the following activities:
I. Provision of travel services - Booking management (UNHAS, domestic and international flights)
- Provide information and update to the staff members, delegations, partners and external stakeholders on entitlements, policy and procedures on travel;
- Process WFP staff travel authorization in line with travel entitlements guidelines and rules;
- Arrangements of hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, TRIPs, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats as required; and preparation of routine correspondence;
- Receive all UNHAS bookings from eligible agencies (UN, NGO, Donors and Diplomatic Missions), prepare and submit a provisional manifest to the ATO/AMO at least 24 hours in advance to the intended date of the flight for the compilation of pre-flight manifests;
- Coordinate with focal points of UNHAS user organizations to receive flight reservations, updated staff lists and focal point assignment forms;
- Maintain an updated list of UNHAS Users;
- Coordinate with the Air Movement Cell (AMO / AMA) to provide booking information to User organizations;
- Immediately notify CATO of all irregularities observed in passenger reservations, unauthorized organizations, passengers, cargo etc;
- Issue Flight Manifests for all the UNHAS flights to different destinations;
- Distribute the air tickets to the passengers at least 40 hours prior to departure and confirm the flight reporting and departure times.
Results: All travel is expeditiously processed and fully compliant with corporate WFP & UNHAS travel guidelines and requirements.
II. Customer Service
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of UNHAS Customer Service Standards and service projects;
- Participate in the planning, programming, implementing and promoting the use of UNHAS Customer Service Standard procedures, practices, appropriate tools and documentation within the organization, through the establishment of those Standards, coordinating with Chief Air Transport Officer on set standards.
- Conduct Customer Service Survey's, analyzing surveys and initiate appropriate actions according to findings of the analyses.
Results: Timely assistance and support to internal and external clients.
III. Information Management
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for travel operations;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports;
- Coordinate the development and update of the UNHAS information and communication products and library;
- Produce information brief and power point presentations relevant to the operation and performance of the UNHAS Operations;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Carry out any other duties deemed useful.
Results: Accurate presentation of information to strengthen the capacity of the office and promotes the image of WFP as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities:
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team's work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/ ”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's teams and external partners in fulfilling team's goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
Internal Controls & Risk
Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client's critical activities.
Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment, web- based applications and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate complex concepts orally; ability to prepare written reports that are clear, concise and meaningful.;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural team environment, with high level of teamwork, good sense of initiative and ability to plan and follow procedures;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints;
- General knowledge of UN system travel policies, rules, regulations and procedures is an advantage.
Completion of secondary school education. Additional training/courses in airlines rules and regulations and/or shipping practices are desirable.
An University Degree in Business, Public Administration, Air Transportation Management, Flight Operation Management or related field will be an asset.
Fluency in either English or French and good working knowledge of the other.
At least three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience (with at least 1 year in the United Nations System) in administration, travel services including international travel and transportation requirements, travel fare, routings, aviation, airline customer service or related fields.
Experience in airline reservation systems (SABRE/AMADEUS/ APOLLO/ GALILEO), customer service, departure/arrival related activities and professional knowledge of IATA will be an advantage.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Deadline for applications: 04/11/2019