in Alfernafive Delivery Channels for Financial Services
Microfinance Insfifuï¬on, Advans Cameroun
On The sTrengTh of more Than T5 years' experience in microfinance, Horus DevelopmenT
Finance creaTed Advans in 2005 wiTh The backing of several major inTernaTional
DevelopmenT Finance |nsTiTuTions. Advans' mission is To build a neTworl< of microfinance
insTiTuTions (MF|s) in developing and emerging counTries in order To caTer To The financial
needs of micro, small, and medium—sized enTerprises, and low—income populaTions, which
have limiTed or no access To formal banking services.
The Advans group currenTly spans eighT counTries: Cambodia, Cameroon, CoTe d'|voire,
DemocraTic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Nigeria, Pal<isTan and Tanzania. Advans MF|s serve
more Than 470,000 clienTs for an ouTsTanding loan porTfolio of more Than EUR 240 million and a
deposiT base of EUR T09 million; The group employs more Than 4,300 sTaff.
Advans Cameroun was The firsT insTiTuTion seT up by Advans, in 2007, and iT currenTly serves
38,700 clienTs, Through T4 branches covering The major ciTies. Advans Cameroun is abouT To
launch an ambiTious projecT wiTh Two main goals: sTrengThening and improving iTs deposiT
collecTion services, and expansion of iTs acTiviTy in remoTe rural areas. A key componenT of
This projecT is To design and roll ouT AlTernaTive Delivery Channels (ADC). In order To supporT
Advans Cameroun's projecT, Horus is seeking a projecT manager in AlTernaTive Delivery
Channel for financial services. This 24-month mission is based in Duala, Cameroon. The
position is To be filled by December 2014.
Under The direcT supervision of The insTiTuTion's CEO, The ProjecT Manager will be responsible
for defining and implemenTing The insTiTuTion's ADC sTraTegy. He/she will work in close
collaboraTion wiTh The several deparTmenTs involved in The projecT and exTernal parTners.
His/her missions include:
- Reviewing The mobile collecTion service (collecTion of deposiTs aT The clienT's doorsTep) To
improve commercial performance, clienT saTisfacTion, and profiTabiliTy, and reduce
operaTional risl<s; These measures will include implemenTaTion of an IT soluTion To capTure
The TransacTions, using mobile phone Technology;
- Following comprehensive marl<eT research, idenTifying new ADC, and relaTed services
and producTs, To improve ouTreach in rural areas and densify presence in major urban
cenTres: agenTs neTworl< (3rd parTy or proprieTary, using mobile phone Technology),
cashless mini—branches, parTnerships wiTh oTher financial insTiTuTions eTc.;
- Defining The ADC sTraTegy, business case and implemenTaTion plan and presenTing iT To
ManagemenT and Board;
- Leading implemenTaTion of The said sTraTegy, by coordinaTing The efforTs of all
deparTmenTs involved (IT, OperaTions, HR, Risks, eTc.). This will imply: designing new
services and producTs offered Through ADC (including a pricing sTraTegy), negoTiaTion
wiTh key parTners (financial insTiTuTions, mobile money operaTors, IT soluTion providers), The
seT—up and moniToring of The agenTs neTwork, specificaTions for IT implemenTaTion, The
design of procedures and conTrols, definiTion of The markeTing plan, recruiTmenT and
Training of sTaff;
- ConsTanTly moniToring The resulTs and performances of The new ADC, and making
adjusTmenTs if required;
- ParTicipaTing in The Training of local sTaff and Transferring knowledge To The Cameroonian
managers idenTified To Take over The developmenT of The ADC aT The end of assignmenT.
- ThroughouT his/her assignmenT, The ProjecT Manager will be supporTed by Horus' consulTanTs ,
who are based aT The head office in France.
Qualifications and/or experiences required
- MasTer's degree or equivalenT from a business school or universiTy, wiTh a focus on
finance, economy, banking or managemenT;
- Five To eighT years experience in consulTing or projecT managemenT for financial
insTiTuTions (reTail) or Telcos, wiTh a focus on producT developmenT or delivery channels;
- Experience in mobile banking and agenT neTwork design/managemenT in emerging
counTries is an asseT.
- ResulTs—driven and clienT—cenTric;
- STrong analyTical and projecT managemenT skills;
- ExcellenT communicaTion skills and abiliTy To negoTiaTe wiTh inTernal and exTernal parTners;- AbiliTy To work well in a Team and To work under pressure wiTh TighT deadlines;
- AppeTiTe for Technology and innovaTive soluTions;
- PragmaTism and capaciTy To learn new subjecTs quickly;
- Fluency in French and good command of English.
You will find more informaTion on our websiTes www.advansgroup.com and www.horus—df.com
Please go To The Job OpporTuniTies page of our websiTe www.horus-df.com. Only shorTlisTed
applicanTs will be conTacTed.