Business Development - Africa Internet Group (Full Time)
Department: Business Development
We are currently looking for talented and motivated people to work in Business Development across all AIG companies.
Who we are
Africa Internet Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, HelloFood, Kaymu, Lamudi and Carmudi.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
Your main responsibilities will be to develop the ventures in your market through operational and strategic actions. You will directly manage your operational and commercial team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining and implementing commercial strategy
- Identifying and targeting revenue potential by focusing on securing sustainable repeat business
- Negotiating best conditions with partners while still building long lasting relationship
- Creating trust with all partners
- Monitoring and analysing sales and external market trends
- Building strong customer relationships by leveraging information and defining opportunities
- Building and leading cross-functional teams that are able to anticipate and deliver solutions to client issues
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- 3+ years' work experience
- Very structured, independent and adventurous
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Impeccable communication skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures