Country Manager - Africa Internet Group (Full Time)
Department: Regional & Country Management
Africa Internet Group (AIG) is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3000 employees in 26 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com Carmudi.com and Lendico.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Millicom, MTN and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the globe, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where AIG steps in.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for emerging markets and Africa. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses.
Your main responsibilities will be to develop the ventures in your market through operational and strategic actions. You will directly manage your operational and commercial team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive overall top line and profitability development
- P&L ownership
- Recruit and manage the team, in particular the local sales and operations team
- Define and drive action plans to create strong relationships with local stakeholders
- Coordinate your commercial team with the other services (Marketing, Partnerships, Finance, etc.)
- Deliver measurable results linked to the project you are in charge of
- Ensure regular reporting of your actions and results
- Drive activity analysis
- Manage the team efficiency and cohesion
- Create an unparalleled environment for your team's development and happiness
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Strong leadership
- Strong drive
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to negotiate in flawless English
- Ability to identify new business opportunity
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth