JOBS & CAREER: AGENCY SUPERVISOR
We OfferBeing part of a highly diversified group with substantial activities in the logistics and terminal, means that we can offer a great many career paths. We believe people perform to their highest abilities when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth.We will give you lots of responsability right from the start and expect you to excel at your job and be accountable for your results.You will have access to extensive learning tools and training programmes you would expect from a company of our size, and we encourage our employees to assume genuine ownership over their learning as they help to shape their own career paths.Development areas might be:
- Improve knowledge of financial impact of commercial decision
- Opportunity to work in a global ISF system
- Get exposure to other valuable tasks (Account Payables, internal Audit,.. in the short run.
- Get a good commercial insight following interaction with BDV/ Commercial and Operations departments.
- Exposure to a challenging environment that promotes continuous improvement
- opportunity for both professional and personal development.
- Relevant next career steps might be:
- Position in a higher level of Agency Administration.
Under guidance of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the overall Agency activities on a daily basis, ensuring interface between Agency, vessel crew and other stakeholders.
Main accountabilities are:
- Attending port meeting on daily basis and keep Operations Manager updated
- Being the contact points of Charterer owners for husbandry
- Coordinating PDA submission upon request from owners/charterers
- Ensuring pre-arrival documentation preparation with customs, port authorities
- Updating customers on vessel ETA/ETB
- Following-up all requests from the owner/Captain (crew change, cash to Master or crew, welding, fuel or water supply etc.)
- Ensuring manifest submission and validation prior vessel berthing
- Ensuring manifest submission after vessel departure
- Preparing all requested documents to be send to owner/charterer in due time after vessel departure
- Coordinating ship chandlers and all authorities boarding the vessel
- Providing as overall point of contact with the vessel, any required support or assistance during the stay in the port
- Handling crew change and being the visas point of contact for onsigners + offsigners.
Who we are looking forThis role requires:
- A professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the port operations and associated functions.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role.
- Understanding of Port and Terminal Operations.
- Be proactive with sense or urgency
- Be a strong team player while at the same time being able to work independently.
- Be open-minded and deadlines care.
- Have a good working structure for execution and follow-up.
- Have excellent inter-personal, leadership and communication skills.
- Have considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks.
- be well organized, time-minded with focus on quality.
- Have a good knowledge of port field and transactions, Shipping lines procedures and processes.
- Have a general knowledge on Government Agencies (especially Customs) imports and exports procedures
- Be a good safety activist
- Exposure/experience in Port or Terminal Operations function will be a plus.
Applications must be submitted exclusively online at http://www.maersk.com/en/the-maersk-group/career/jobsLast
application date: 13 November 2014.
For further information, please contact: Charlotte.Fondin@apmterminals.com