IT Assistant/Network and System Support, Limbe
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences - Next Einstein Initiative is a network of innovative Pan-African Centre of Excellence for Post-graduate education, research and educational outreach. Our mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling African future scientific, educational advances and breakthrough discoveries which benefit the whole society.
AIMS-Cameroon is fully supported by the Government of Cameroon following the signing on July 12, 2013 of an Establishment Arrangement Agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding which covers all aspects regarding the organization of academic activities.
AIMS-Cameroon is seeking an IT Assistant/Network and System Support
- To act as the first point of contact for IT issues across the organization for Academic and administrative staff.
- To assist the lectures and tutors in the providing course.
- To install, manage, maintain, configure, monitor repair and enhance client PCs and all related equipment;
- Provide end-user support for Google Apps, laptops, and all aspects of IT
- Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrade are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- To assist for Installs, manages, maintains, configures, monitors, repairs and enhances network infrastructure, all network devices, servers, systems and all server related equipment;
- To maintain a log of IT assets and track movement of equipment around the Centre.
- Provides technical guidance, training and instruction to other staff members.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years university degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline;
- 2+ years of experience must include providing technical support in each of the following
- Installation of operating systems such as Linux/Ubuntu, Windows 7 or later
- Installation of application software such as Microsoft Office
- Diagnosing and resolving PC problems in a networked environment
- Experience of working in a similar role providing support to IT users
- Proven experience and ability to work hands on in a predominantly Linux/Ubuntu and Fre and Open Source Software(FOSS) platform as well as windows server and desktop operating systems;
- Expérience or familiarity with ACCPAC, FOSS, LaTex, Phyton, SageMath and GoogleApp
- Ability to work under pressure
- English Language skills is essential
- Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 22nd May 2015
COMMENCEMENT DUTIES: As soon as possible thereafter
- Position is based at the Center office in Limbe and Yaounde Cameroon;
- Possibility to travel within and outside of Africa;
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours due to the 24-hour learning environment.
The renumeration package, including benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Prospective candidates must submit a letter of motivation and detailed CV, together with the names of at least two referees to:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences(AIMS-Cameroon)POBox 608 LIMBECRYSTAL GARDENOr email to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-Cameroon within five weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application did not succeed. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to an appointment at its sole discretion.