IT Coordinator, Yaoundé
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences - Next Einstein Initiative is a network of innovative Pan-African Centre of Excellence for Post-graduate education, research and educational outreach. Our mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling African future scientific, educational advances and breakthrough discoveries which benefit the whole society.
AIMS-Cameroon is fully supported by the Government of Cameroon following the signing on July 12, 2013 of an Establishment Arrangement Agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding which covers all aspects regarding the organization of academic activities.
AIMS-Cameroon is seeking an IT Coordinator, Yaoundé
- Develops and maintains enterprise IT Governance Frameworks, SLA, Policies and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information. Installs, manages, maintains, configures, monitors, repairs and enhances network infrastructure, all network devices, servers,
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and systems and all server related equipment;
- Ensures that the network (LAN, WAN, Internet Connection) and systems(Server, Router, etc.) are up and running, monitoring performance, connectivity and stability and resolving service impacts as they occur.
- Ensure that all simulation labs are fully deployed and maintained 24h/24 and 7/7.
- Direct the development and execution of an enterprise-wire disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Administer, Monitor, Troubleshoot, and document the E-learning platform and all cloud service;
- Provide end-user support for GoogleApps, laptops, Desktop and all aspects of IT.
- Document all changes to the client infrastructure and all procedures and processes related to desktop, installation, configuration and technical support
- Provide documentation and SLA for all service under his/her responsibility;
- Assist the IT Manager Global Network on all Projects according to their need.
- Work in accordance with the AIMS NEI IT procedures and policies
- Provide SLA for all services under his/her responsibility;
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree on computer science/engineering or related discipline;
- 3+ years administering a server network infrastructure and computer lab environnement for training or education
- 3+ years' experience in E-learning platform and distance learning;
- Proven experience and ability to work hands on in a predominantly Linux/Ubuntu and Free and Open Source Software(FOSS) platform as well as windows server and desktop operating systems;
- Practical exposure and experience with some web development technology.
- Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
- ITIL certification is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure
- English Language skills is essential.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 22nd May 2015
COMMENCEMENT DUTIES: As soon as possible thereafter
- Position is based at the Center office in Limbe and Yaounde Cameroon;
- Possibility to travel within and outside of Africa;
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours due to the 24-hour learning environment.
The renumeration package, including benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Prospective candidates must submit a letter of motivation and detailed CV, together with the names of at least two referees to:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences(AIMS-Cameroon)POBox 608 LIMBECRYSTAL GARDENOr email to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-Cameroon within five weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application did not succeed. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to an appointment at its sole discretion.