Job purpose and key deliverables
The Market Manager would lead, manage and control the British American Tobacco operations in Gabon to achieve the company vision as to deliver the business objectives agreed with the West Africa Area. he/She will be responsible for delivering continuous volume and profit growth in the market by developing a fast learning first class distribution team while building a truly responsible consumer oriented Company.
The challenge for this candidate will be to increase year on year sales volume amidst complicated and stiff FMCG market conditions.
The successful candidate would report to the General Manager of BAT Cameroun and manage a staff of 7 direct reports.
- Develop and gain agreement to strategic plans and budgets for British American Tobacco which meet area guidelines and objectives.
- Cascade the company plan process throughout the organisation to ensure “Line of Sight”: consistency/alignment of distributor partners and field force.
- Lead the development of Brands and Trade Marketing & Distribution in order to achieve company target in terms of volume, market share, value share, equity and profitability
- Ensure that the quality of our products meets international standards for the full consumers' satisfaction.
- Identify business risks and develop contingency plans to address them.
- Ensure effectiveness of controls over business processes and integrate Audit function as a real business partner.
- Encourage and support innovation in order to gain and sustain leadership.
- Drive the overall implementation of the cycle plan process.
- Lead and control the legal and financial environment of the Company in accordance with Company Policies in order to minimise business risks.
- Inspires enthusiasm and commitment of the whole team by communicating and translating the company vision into a “way of living”
- Create a “winning as one” environment where the talent and potential of individuals and team are realised through active coaching and performance management.
- Empower and support individuals and teams to drive high performance.
- Implement and drive change management interventions by building commitment within the team and providing leadership.
- Mobilise people resources effectively to achieve company plan objectives.
- Ensure that the team gets and shares the best knowledge possible and that appropriate actions are taken to meet market and consumer expectations.
- Build a company corporate image operating to the highest standards of business ethics, environmental, health and safety.
- Lead and manage support functions in the country (Legal & External Affairs, Finance, Marketing, HR, IT, Supply chain).
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you'll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.