Job Title : Brand Assurance Manager
Function Corporate Security
Type of Job Permanent
External Job Description
Job Title: Brand Insurance Manager GCSA
Department: Management Office
Reporting to: Head of Security GCSA
Category: 10 (Diageo Level 5)
No of positions: 01
- The role of Brand Insurance Manager is to protect both our consumers and brands by identifying those involved in the production, movement and sale of counterfeit Diageo products, across all categories. The aim of the BA unit is to bring such operations to an end with the closure of production sites/ arrest of illegal operators. In markets where IFP has a significant share of total consumption the aim is to reduce the unrecorded sector by creating incremental commercial opportunities for Diageo.
- The Brand Assurance Manager is responsible for scaling size & nature of unrecorded alcohol issue and developing/implementing mitigation plans to redress
- The Brand Assurance Manager has to deliver unrecorded alcohol management plans via close working relationship with both Diageo central functions (Legal, CR, Technical, Global AC etc) and external partners (government enforcement agencies, 3rd party intelligence providers etc)
- The Brand Assurance Manager to ideally represent, and be “face” of industry coalition on AC with relevant authorities (in collaboration with CR)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be a mature individual, familiarity in working effectively with local and regional law enforcement and intelligence agencies, is highly desirable
- Must have at least a 1st degree.
- An in-depth understanding of the issues surrounding counterfeiting
- Possess good communication skills in English and French, which he is able to exercise at all levels.
- Possess commercial & analytical skills.
- Understands the nature of Human Intelligence gathering techniques.
- Knowledge of the conservation and continuity of evidence.
- Able to prepare, conduct and record interviews.
- Able to manage 3rd parties by objectives, and conduct periodic reviews
- Familiar with high standards of integrity and impeccable business conduct
- Display capability to apply the intelligence cycle.
- Ability to deal credibly, and professionally, with Diageo Managers, government officials, lawyers and outside investigators.
- Engage the BA's leadership team and take responsibility for delivery of market BA annual plan, as well as for reporting
- Source service providers capable of providing efficient and effective sampling, investigative and legal support the region/market
- Understand the unrecorded issue (both quantitative and qualitative), i.e. CF and IFP where relevant
- Manage and direct intelligence programmes and investigations ensuring that targets are rigorously profiled and subsequent intelligence is exploitable within the appropriate local legal framework and CoBC
- Build and manage relationships with relevant regulatory and enforcement agencies to influence policies relating to AC
- Develop and lead external brand identity training programs, with a focus on improving enforcement efficiencies and driving the relationship with authorities
- Act as expert in authentication of counterfeit products
- Manage effectively the processes for product analysis and lead technology developments in the market
- Identify suitable operational opportunities for further financial investigation including civil action procedures and exploitation of Intellectual Property laws
- Assess impact of BA strategy/plans with recommendations to increase effectiveness
- Actively integrate BA into the CR function in areas of Policy, Comms and CSR
- Reflect AC benefits into P&L base
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com . Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
CLOSING DATE : 16.09.2014
Human Resources Director