POSITION DESIGNATION : Brewery Microbiologist
DEPARTEMENT / SERVICE / SECTION : Quality
RANKEDUCATION REQUIREMENT : degree, master in microbiology or bacteriology
REPORTS TO : Quality control chief
SAME LEVEL AND WORKING WITH : COLLABORATION
Production, packaging, commercial etc…
SUBORDINATES : NoneSCOPE
Laboratory technician with extensive knowledge in beverage processes with focus on beer, microbiology and yeast management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Ensuring the microbiology quality of all the beverages produced in the brewery.
- Ensuring proper yeast management.
- Ensuring propagation operations.
- Proceed to yeast vitality and viability testing.
- Aseptic sampling and microbiological testing of beer throughout the production process and after packaging.
- Ensuring contamination free process.
- Ensuring the best hygienic status of the brewery.
- Maintaining logs of all data collected.
- Calibrating and maintaining instruments and measurement devices
- Communicating with all brewery departments to ensure consistent, high-quality product and efficient release of packaged beverage.
- In collaboration with the quality and production managers develop and improve processes for making beer and other beverages.
Degree or master in microbiology.or bacteriology.
5 year minimum experience in similar job.
Results driven focus.
Strong analytical skills
Strong interpersonal, organizational, self- management and problem solving skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Bilingual is a plus..