Budget Analyst/Administrative Assistant
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Budget Analyst/Administrative Assistant, FSN-08; FP-06
NOTE: ALL NON-CAMEROONIAN APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/ORRESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an opening for a Budget Analyst/Administrative Assistant. Thisposition is located in Yaounde.
Opening Date: May 4, 2015
Closing Date: May 18, 2015 at 16:00
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
Grade: FSN-08; FP-06
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Office of Security Cooperation (OSC) Chief, the incumbent servesas Budget Analyst and Office Manager for the Office of Security Cooperation. Duties include:performing the complete range of budget administration and control, including budget formulationand financial program planning and analysis, budget execution, funds reconciliation, funds availabilitycertification and technical budget support duties. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing allofficial travel orders, reviewing incoming correspondence and drafting responses for standardquestions for signature, ensuring office supplies are available, coordinating OSC regular meetings andevent participation with Host Nation Military and Government Officials, operating and managing OSCNon-Tactical Vehicles.
The complete list of duties and responsibilities of the position is available at: http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/pd11-2015.html
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific andcomprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Technical high school diploma plus a two-year university or advanced school diplomain Accounting, Finance or Economics is required.
- Experience: At least three years of experience in the field of accounting or finance is required.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French arerequired and will be tested.
- Job Knowledge: The applicant must have very good knowledge of finance and/or administrativefunctions and office operations including operating various office machines. Job knowledge may betested.
- Skills/Abilities: The incumbent must be a computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Officeapplications (Word, Excel, Outlook). The applicant should have the ability to write correspondencein both English and French and should have polished personal skills to receive official visitors andto conduct coordination with senior host country officials. A valid Class B driver's license isrequired. Skills and abilities may be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are givenpreference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the requiredqualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant's work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Additional information on how to apply for a position is available at:http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
Submit Application to:
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon.
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
Point of Contact:
Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: May 18, 2015 at 16:00