Call for applications for the recruitment of a national consultant to conduct a situational analysis and revise the national policy on management of Sexually Transmitted Infections(STI)CARE International in CAMEROUN is a humanitarian non-gouvernmental organization.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health and other partners, CARE Cameroun contributes to improve the livelihoods of vulnerable populations in Cameroon.
Within the framework of the project: "Continuum of Prevention, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Most at-risk Populations(CHAMP)" financed by USAID, CARE Cameroon seeks to hire a national consultant to conduct a situational analysis and revise the national policy on the management of sexually transmitted infections(STI). The national policy will incorporate aspects relevant to key populations.
Objectives of the consultancy
- Conduct a situational analysis of STI management in four regions(Centre, Littoral, North West, South West) and 3 cities(Kribi, Bertoua and Ngaoundere) of Cameroon;
- and Develop a national policy and training guidelines for STI prevention, care and treatment to include new evidence and best practices relevant to key populations.
- Collaborate with Ministry of Public Health and facilitate a technincal workshop to:
- validate results to the situational analysis; and
- revise the 2007 national policy(norms and directives) for STI management and the 2012 STI training guidelines for health care providers.
- Liaise with MInistry of Public Health and organize a stakeholder workshop for the validation of the draft and training guidelines for health care providers.
- Expected results/deliverables
The consultant will submit the following documents:
- A situational analysis report of STI preventio, care and treatment in Cameroon.
- A national STI policy guideline on prevention, care and treatment, incorporating aspects of key populations.
- A national STI training guideline for health care providers on the management of STIs.
Profile of the consultant
- A consultant with experience in STI and HIV, developing national policy documents will be hired to lead the process. The successful candidate should have a medical degree and/or an advanced degree(MPH or PhD) in public health, social sciences or a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the area of STI prevention, care and treatment.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of algorithms for the syndromic management of STIs.
- Knowledge of STIs among key populations would be an advantage.
- Fluency in either French or English with an excellent working knowledge of the other is desirable.
Submission of applications
Interested applicants should request for a detailed terms of reference and/or submit their technical and financial proposals(in French or English), including
- a letter of motivation,
- curriculum vitae and
- a sample report or document(in French or English) prepared as a consultant
by 5pm on the 28 August 2015. The package should be titled "STI Consultancy" and forwarded to the following address: CARE Cameroun, sis 1071 Winston Churchill, Quartier Hippodrome(between OAPI and the British High Commission), B.P. 422 Yaoundé - Tel: 222 20 69 27. Applications can also be forwarded to othe following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org