CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM's vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons' Organisations. (DPOs).
CBM has been involved from the outset with "VISION 2020: The Right to Sight", a global initiative with the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020, and other global initiatives such as the provision of affordable hearing aids, education for all and community mental health. CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Together with its partner organisations, CBM is active in more than 650 projects in 63 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and in 2015, reached more than 10.5 million people in core activities. CBM's International Office is now accepting applications for a:
Risks and Compliance Manager
Potential Locations: Lomé, Togo / Yaoundé, Cameroon / Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire with frequent travels
Contract Duration: 2 years with possible extension
Contract Type: Full time - Local employment contract for a Country National
Contract Start: As soon as possible
The incumbent of the position will report directly via dotted line to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to establish, enforce and help implement regional, country and local partner compliance standards with regard to programmatic and financial accountability requirements. S/he provides rapid accountability support to ensure that the organisation reacts appropriately to cases regarding violation of accountability standards. In addition, the position holder will help to set compliance and accountability standards, tools and methodologies.
- Act as “hands-on” support to ensure compliance, resolve compliance issues and report back to the case specific stakeholders
- Identify, capture and communicate pertinent information, under tight deadlines, in a form and time frame that enables management to take due action
- Implement and manage the issue resolution process of red flags and internal audit critical project incidents in the region of operation and report back results to internal audit
- Draw a list of lessons learnt after a resolution process and include them into the project monitoring/internal compliance process
- Embed control activities in policies and procedures that help ensure that management directives are clearly stated
- Participate in the development of programmatic and financial accountability standards led by the COO as well as with other compliance managers
- Communicate to and train staff at regional, country and partner level on CBM´s programmatic and financial accountability standards in order to avoid past compliance issues
- Identify and analyse compliance risk on an on-going basis and report to the COO and Regional Director on specific cases and general trends in the region
- Facilitate the establishment of a compliance environment that sets the tone of CBM integrity, commitment to competence, management philosophy and implementation of remediation actions
- Establish a process that assesses the quality of the system's performance over time to track and monitor the occurrence of compliance issues
Professional Profile and Requirements
- CPA or equivalent professional qualification, MBA, Master's degree in Finance and/or Compliance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional audit, compliance and related risk management, in a functional responsibility or in a management position
- Knowledge of CBM or similar organisations and their respective field and regional operations
- Extensive experience working in the field
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and with multiple stakeholders
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Technical expertise
- Establishing focus
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Personal credibility
- Building collaborative relationships
- Providing motivational support
- Knowledge of MS Navision, Office and SharePoint solutions, accounting software QuickBooks, Dac Easy
- Excellent knowledge of both English and French (perfectly bilingual).
- Knowledge of Spanish would be advantageous
The future job holder adheres to CBM's values and commits to CBM's Child Safeguarding and Safety & Security Policies.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail:
1. a meaningful cover letter,
2. a CV
3. and salary expectations
Application deadline: 15 March 2017