FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party (Project Director), KIDSS in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The Chief of Party (Project Director) of USAID Cameroon’s Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for OVC (KIDSS), will help in the effort to mitigate the impacts of HIV and AIDS on children and their caregivers in Cameroon, the KIDSS project will strengthen government and community capacity to care for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and will support families economically and socially so that they are better able to provide for the children in their care.
The Chief of Party holds primary responsibility for overall project management and technical operations to ensure the achievement of project objectives and intended results; the effective management and development of project staff; award compliance; and fulfillment of requirements and deliverables specified by USAID, the government of Cameroon, and FHI 360’s regional and/or headquarters offices. Offer is contingent upon award of proposal and approval of USAID.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure the project functions efficiently in all areas including supervising administrative staff, and overseeing formal relationships with partners including sub-agreements
- Ensure achievement of financial, administrative, and programmatic goals through appropriate monitoring of the project and subawards, in compliance with applicable FHI 360 and USG policies and procedures for financial, contractual and human resource management; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; accesses appropriate skills and expertise from across FHI 360;
- Responsible for oversight of the project budget to ensure spending is in line with programmatic objectives; responsible for requests to USAID for additional funding
- Oversee production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports and contractual commitments to USAID, Government of Cameroon and FHI 360 headquarters, as required.
- Oversee and work with the project team in the development and submission of the Annual Country Operating Plan (COP), Annual Program Reports (APR) and Semi-Annual Program Reports (S/APR), in collaboration with the M&E Specialist, and develops requests for supplemental funding.
- Ensure the achievement of high quality results by subcontractors and subgrantees; coordinate partner efforts in program implementation at the highest level and ensure partners fulfill USAID, PEPFAR and program requirements
- Serve as the primary representative and point person of the Project to internal and external stakeholders, including USG funders, local partners, and other entities
- Manages project specific budget and pipeline
- Demonstrated experience in designing, managing, and monitoring complex, multi-partner public health/international development programs – at community-level, using host-country mechanisms, and/or in sub-Saharan Africa desired.
- Experience in organizational development and proven skills in building organizational capacity in health service delivery programs and use of hose country mechanisms.
- Familiarity with contracts and compliance issues, and in-depth knowledge of USAID regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many sites and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with the USAID Mission, international PVOs and local CBOs.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems, including contractual matters as appropriate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Cameroon citizens are highly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter. Please specify source in your application. AA/EOE/M/F/V/D
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in social sciences, public health, or related field required. MA/MS highly preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in successful management (administrative, logistical) of international projects, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Expertise in OVC programs required
- Technical expertise in public health or HIV programming desired.
- Knowledge of local context in Cameroon
- Understanding of rules and regulations related to USAID project funding, sub-contracting and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated skills in technical and administrative management of USAID funded projects
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English and French is required.