Position: Chief Operating Officer Cameroon
Company: Njorku Cameroon Ltd.
Location: Douala, CAMEROON
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 6 years
We promise you haven't worked with anyone like us before.
Njorku is a revolutionizing the way Africans search for jobs and how employers connect to them. We are tapping into the power of internet and mobile technology to deliver thousands of jobs to our users and connecting them to the right employer.
Come join the fun and build something big with us.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will own all major shared operational functions for the company including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services. The COO will be a member of the executive leadership team focused on driving Njorku Cameroon' strategic direction and future growth.
So here's the deal…
- We have been listed by Forbes as one of the top tech startups in Africa.
- We are (humbly) considered a thought leader in our space because we precisely skated to where the puck was going before anyone else left the bench.
- Thanks to visionary leadership, our dedicated team, and a truly astonishing road map, Njorku Cameroon' growth potential is huge.
- The last months have been amazing, our product's impact is swelling and the Njorku Cameroon' ground floor is practically quaking.
Now, our fantastic team needs a COO to take us to new heights
To love this role, here's the type of person you are:
- You have expertly led operations within explosive growth environments.
- You are a results-oriented executive with proven concept-through-execution capabilities, solid strategic and problem solving skills, and an exceptional team-building record.
- You truly understand the ecosystem of lead generation (Marketing), closing business (Sales), implementation, e-recruitment and support (Customer Success).
- Your communication skills are impeccable and your kind heart shines through in verbal and written communication alike, but you're not afraid to confront and hold firm when needed.
- You are skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, identify best practices and areas for improvement, and drive results.
- You have creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- You exhibit strong mentoring and coaching capabilities on a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- You're an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- You have superior management skills including the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- You are 100% a people person 24/7; people come first - no exceptions. You're high energy, easily build rapport with others, and are fun to work with.
What's the Plan?
The COO position is new and bound to grow with the company, but initially you will:
- Develop and drive an integrated strategy - working across the ecosystem of sales, marketing, customer success, and professional services - to grow revenue, create new routes to market, build strategic partnerships, define and deliver new product offerings and build Njorku Cameroon' long-term vision strategy and competitive advantage.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Human resources and Finance teams, seamlessly coordinating implementations, build-outs, and day-to-day operations.
- Oversee the creation and cultivation of inside sales and account executive teams and then integrate the overall Sales function in relation to other departments.
- Define and maintain cross-departmental operations including processes and communication for optimal performance in production and delivery.
- Partner with the CEO, CFO, Directors, and other company leaders to develop, implement, and manage the operational aspects of the annual budget
- Effectively manage the annual operational budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Work closely with and oversee Operations, Marketing, Sales, Human resources and Finance. Plan, oversee, and manage annual goals, and ensure the leadership team and their respective teams are successful in implementation and progress tracking.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Njorku Cameroon' high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
- Work to ensure that Finance and HR are in compliance with all federal, state, funding, and country regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
- Design and lead a long-term plan for operations that will sustainably achieve ambitious growth.
- As needed, roll-up sleeves and directly contribute to any department under the COO umbrella to ensure work progresses successfully.
- The Njorku Cameroon culture, which is already well-defined, will thrive under your leadership and permeate all departments and projects. You will inspire voracious loyalty to Njorku Cameroon, resulting in above average tenure.
- Bring out the very best in teammates – thoughtfully manage, coach, and partner with direct reports to reach ambitious goals, continually improve, and develop each individual teammate.
- You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- Experience leading Inside Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services teams
- Proven expertise in driving change and building business in explosive growth environments.
- Demonstrated leadership in change management and innovation.
- The know-how to define, refine and implement a strategic growth plan for our company
- Experience running a business; you have hustle, high energy and know how to deal with internal and external senior executives
- A proven track record for hiring and developing strong teams including extensive leadership training experience
- An analytic and decisive nature with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- French & English speaking
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, lean and innovative approach to operational management
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Finally…You also have:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment;
- Strategic Vision and Agility - ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Capacity building chops — ability to effectively build and scale organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to develop and empower top-notch leaders and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- Open Door leadership style, promoting regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Big picture thinking, ensuring that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Njorku Cameroon.
What we offer:
Working for a promising start-up is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game' to the table, here's what we'll bring:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed
Who we are:
To learn more about our company, our culture, and what we look for in the people we work with, please visit our website www.njorku.com
Sound like you?
Please send your CV and cover letter at HR@njorku.com
All emails should include “Chief Operating Officer" in the subject line. Only those who meet the above requirements should apply.