The OVC – Church Coordination Office (OVC-CCO) Bamenda seeks the services of qualified candidates to fill the position of Community Liaison Officer in a USAID-funded project “The Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (KIDSS – Cameroon).The Community Liaison Officer will work as a team member of the OVC-CCO Bamenda and the entire KIDSS project, reporting to the Community Lead-Field Office (CLFO).
A. Planning and coordination
- Coordinate and supervise project implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Provide assistance to CSO and CBO providing care and support services to OVC
- Develop monthly activity plans and oversee their implementation
- Conduct training needs assessments for Communities
B. Program quality
- Submit timely, complete and accurate reports
- Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories
- Prepare narrative and MIS reports.
- Bachelor's degree in the Social Sciences, Project Management or any related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in development activities, with at least 1 year of project management
- Past experience or proven ability to work with Church structures and leadership
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with OVC care and support programming
- Proven leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written and documentation skills in both English and French
- Professional proficiency in one or more local languages of the operational area
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail)
- Experience or proven ability to work in collaboration with local authorities.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.Interested persons should send their complete applications files including a detailed resume, three referees and a motivation letter by email to the following address: email@example.com
NB: Include the Job position on the subject line.Dateline for submission of applications is Friday 5th September 2014 at 12 noon.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.No phone calls and personal contacts will be entertained.