CAMEROON OIL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (COTCO) IS LOOKING FOR THE POSITION OF:
CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
The Control Room Operator reports to the Operations Supervisor. The Control Room Operator is responsible for the control, co-ordination and supervision of all aspects of the FSO and SPM deck operations, including the monitoring and co-ordination of all internal and external communications and operations.
The Control Room Operator will work a 12 hour watch system onboard the FSO and will be available to manage all operational issues occurring outside of this time in an emergency or as required by the Operations Supervisor.
Compliance with all Company Health and Safety
The work location is offshore on COTCO FSO-KK1 vessel with a rotation work schedule of 14 days on/ 14 days off or 28 days on/ 28 days off.
Ideal candidate profile:
- A first degree (BAC +2/3/ DUT / BACHELORS DEGREE) in a Mechanical/Technical discipline
- Mechanical or Technical Operations experience on a F[P]SO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading Unit or similar Offshore Installation or production facility
- Engineer on merchant vessels (preferably steam propulsion) or in a similar capacity
- Marine Engineering Certification, ideally Class 2 unlimited
- Training on FSO/ FPSO maintenance competency assurance programs
- Medically fit for Offshore employment
Skills and attributes required:
- Good communications and teamwork skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (ability to prepare written reports in English is essential);
- A thorough understanding and compliance with recognized safety programs;
- Operations and Technical knowledge or field experience of power plants particularly steam boiler plants, associated systems and equipment;
- Ability to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on Piping, Pumps, Engines, Compressors, and related equipment;
- Above average computer ability and skills ;
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
REMUNERATION, CAREER & APPLICATION
This position offer excellent career opportunities which could lead to supervisory positions in the organization and competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Cameroon oil & gas industry.
If you meet the requirements listed for this position and you are interested in pursuing a career with our company, please visit our website at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/imports/careers/careers_map.aspx
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE?
In order to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV), Select Africa , then Cameroon and apply online either in English or in French.
All candidates are encouraged to submit their applications online together with an English version of their curriculum vitea.
Optionally, your Curriculum Vitea and reference letter may be dropped at COTCO headquarters in a sealed envelope with the following text written on the envelope:
Application for the position of Maintenance Operator
Attn: COTCO Human Resources department
164, Rue Toyota, Bonapriso
Po Box 3738
The advert closes one week from the date of this application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.