CAMEROON OIL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (COTCO) IS LOOKING FOR THE POSITION OF:
Maintenance Operator reports to the Engine Room Operations Supervisor. The Maintenance Operator is responsible for the control, co-ordination and supervision of all aspects of the FSO engine room operations. This includes power management, hotel services support, utility systems and operational activities. Responsibilities include preventative and corrective maintenance of related machinery and systems.
The Maintenance Operator will work a watch system onboard the FSO and will be available to manage all operational issues occurring outside of this time in an emergency or as required by the Engine Room Operations Supervisor.
Compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements is a prerequisite.
The work location is offshore aboard COTCO FSO-KK1 vessel with a rotation work schedule of 14 days on/ 14 days off or 28 days on/ 28 days off.
Ideal candidate profile:
- A first degree (BAC +2/3/ DUT / BACHELORS DEGREE) in a Technical or Science discipline
- Served as Second Officer on merchant vessels (preferably oil tankers) or a similar capacity on F[P]SO as a control room operator or on other production platforms.
- Marine Certification, ideally Class 2 unlimited. Hydrocarbon cargo endorsement an advantage
- Training on FSO/ FPSO maintenance competency assurance programs
- Medically fit for Offshore employment
Skills and attributes required:
- Good communications and teamwork skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (ability to prepare written reports in English is essential);
- A thorough understanding and compliance with recognized safety programs;
- Operational experience of control room and monitoring systems. Knowledge of Oil field operations would be beneficial;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment;
- Above average computer ability and skills;
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
REMUNERATION, CAREER & APPLICATION
This position offer excellent career opportunities which could lead to supervisory positions in the organization and competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Cameroon oil & gas industry.
If you meet the requirements listed for this position and you are interested in pursuing a career with our company, please visit our website at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/imports/careers/careers_map.aspx
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE?
In order to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV), Select Africa , then Cameroon and apply online either in English or in French.
All candidates are encouraged to submit their applications online together with an English version of their curriculum vitea.
Optionally, your Curriculum Vitea and reference letter may be dropped at COTCO headquarters in a sealed envelope with the following text written on the envelope:
Application for the position of Control Room Operator
Attn: COTCO Human Resources department
164, Rue Toyota, Bonapriso
Po Box 3738
The advert closes one week from the date of this application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.