CAMEROON OIL TRANSPORT COMPANY (COTCO) IS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION OF: MARINE ENGINEER
The Marine Engineer receives guidance from the Operations Technical Manager, his assignment relates to providing a marine engineering support to the COTCO Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessel team working offshore Kribi.
His work location is Douala with regular offshore trips or potential temporary assignments offshore depending on operations requirements.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Ideal candidate should be interested in marine technology and equipment, and have the following profile.
Educational: Master degree or Diploma in Mechanical, Marine Engineering, Naval architect (or) equivalent
Professional experience and knowledge required:
- A minimum of 05 years operations experience in the marine industry (shipyard, offshore company);
- Excellent knowledge of marine structure (Ship hull, cargo system) and general marine equipment knowledge (boilers, steam system, heat exchangers, pumps, valves, piping, etc...) including knowledge of design, fabrication and construction of ships;
- Good knowledge of classification rules and requirements (of Bureau Veritas, DMA and Ministry of Mines), and good knowledge of regulatory standards and maritime rules (SOLAS, OCIMF, etc.);
- Good knowledge of vessel class statutory and classification certificates;
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control systems;
- Competency in third party contracts implementation processes: Contracts scoping and procurement knowledge;
- Competency in Safety, Health, Equipment integrity and Environment management systems;
- Proficiency in estimating, planning ship repairs and managing underwater inspection in lieu of dry dock.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Mentoring and coaching aptitude
- Good communications and teamwork skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (ability to prepare written reports in English is essential);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Basic Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System;
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent customer relations;
- Ability to effectively work under pressure with no supervision.
REMUNERATION, CAREER & APPLICATION
This position offer excellent career opportunities which could lead to supervisory positions in the organization and competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Cameroon oil & gas industry.
If you meet the requirements listed for this position and you are interested in pursuing a career with our company, please visit our website at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/imports/careers/careers_map.aspx
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE?
In order to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV), Select Africa, and then Cameroon and apply online either in English or in French.
All candidates are encouraged to submit their applications online together with an English version of their curriculum vitae.
Optionally, you're Curriculum Vitae and reference letter may be dropped at COTCO headquarters in a sealed envelope with the following text written on the envelope.
Application for the position of Marine Engineer
Attn.: COTCO Human Resources department
164, Rue Toyota, Bonapriso
Po Box 3738 Douala.
The advert closes on or before May 02nd, 2017.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.