Job Title: Country Representative
Reports to: President
Nascent Solutions, Inc. is an international humanitarian and development non-profit organization founded in 2004. The mission of the Organization is to build capacity for vulnerable people, especially women and youth in rural Africa, for self-sufficiency.
Nascent Solutions is seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Country Representative to manage a UNHCR funded program developed to prevent Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) among refugee populations in the Adamaoua and East regions of Cameroon. The incumbent will consult closely with UNHCR, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholder organizations, supervise and support project personnel and provide oversight on all project activities. activities.
The Country Representative shall:
- Lead implementation and monitoring of the SGBV Program in Cameroon to achieve programmatic, financial, and administrative goals
- Serve as liaison to Nascent, UNHCR, Government of Cameroon, other donor agencies, as well as to the general public regarding programs in Cameroon
- Eensure effective management of project resources in compliance with UNHCR and Nascent policies and regulatiorns
- Manage and monitor all SGBV activities, from the development of work plans, M&E plans and reports to the analysis of budgets, pipelines, and procurement.
- Supervise and support all project staff and consultants
- Provide logistical support to local partners to facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Work with the M & E officer to create systems for monitoring program implementation, as well as communication channels with Nascent and UNHCR and other stakeholders
- Assist Nascent Partners and potential partners with any questions, needs, or situations that may arise with regard to program implementation, while keeping all relevant staff informed.
- Developt quarterly Nascent performance tracking system for strategic planning and implementation, including quarterly reporting format and template
- Develop/write quarterly reports based on program information.
- Ensure that relevant information is disseminated internally and to all partners and stakeholder organizations
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external sources about the SGBV program.
- Graduate degree in Management, International Development and/or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years working experience with an international organization
- Extensive program management experience
- Experience working with United Nations and/or United States Government programs
- Demonstrated understanding of UN and/or USG policies, regulations and reporting procedures
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to mobilize resources to ensure that program activities are implemented in accordance with work plans
- Proven ability to drive and implement multidimensional projects with
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts in a compelling and diplomatic manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in information technology skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.
- High-level proficiency in English and French.
- Good knowledge of Cameroon a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under challenging conditions
Interested candidates are advised to send their résumés and cover letter in MS Word to email@example.com by COB November 30, 2013.
Nascent is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected characteristic.