Poste title: Culture Programme Assistant
Post number: 6CMBSP0651RP
Grade: GS-4 UN Classification
Type of contract: Temporary (end date 31/12/2015)
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Deadline: 11 November 2014
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of the Culture Programme in the ten countries of Central Africa: (i) participate in the management of the budget of the Culture sector, and in particular its periodic update (ii) prepare and ensure the follow-up of contracts;
- Organize meetings, workshops and other technical meetings;
- Ensure the dissemination of information of the Culture Sector in the ten countries of the ECCAS Sub region and those of other Cultural operators;
- Register and track all incoming and outgoing mails:prepare draft responses to requests and applications received and seek further information.
- Keep track of the Activity reports and other Administrative and Financial records/documents;
- Ensure the classification and archiving of records of the sector;
- Make contact with UNESCO National Offices, National Commissions for UNESCO, Ministerial Departments, National Heritage Services, NGOs, Cultural Actors, Partners etc. ;
- Assist in the establishment of a data base and contribute to the updating of the website of the Culture sector;
- Perform any other tasks entrusted by the Sector's superior.
- Secondary and/or vocational education.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in UNESCO is required;
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and provide quality and timely support and services;
- Discretion and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities;
- Proven computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Data base systems, Outlook, Financial software, etc.);
- Knowledge of SISTER, FABS technology software would be an asset;
- Fluency in French / English; Knowledge of other UN language would be an asset.
Deadline for receiving applications at UNESCO regional office in Yaounde, Cameroon is 11 November 2014. Application could also be sent through Post (sending date would be considered) or via email address firstname.lastname@example.org Completed files (CV, diplomas, references…) to be addressed with post number and title on the envelope to the attention of OFFICE DIRECTION, UNESCO, BP 12909 Yaounde CAMEROON. Only qualified and short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
ONLY CANDIDATES RESIDENT IN CAMEROON MAY APPLY FOR THIS POST