DANGOTE CEMENT CAMEROUN
Want to join a young and ambitious company?
Want to grow as a professional and embrace digger challenges?
Want to be part of one of the best African business story?
Dangote Cement Cameroon is your next career move…
Job Title: JETTY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Plan, drive and monitor all activities regarding safe, efficient, and cost-effective handling of vessels' operations with alongside the company quay
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with Marine, Logistics or Transportation background preferred
- Eight (08) years of relevant work experience, with at least three (03) in a supervisory role
- Marine terminal experience is an asset.
Skills & Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of the cement industry (local and international)
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in Logistics, particularly in marine and port operations
- In-depth knowledge of company approved HSE policies
- Sound oral and written communication skills (French & English)
- Good organization and project management skills
- Good leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, with ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, a terminal operating systems experience is a plus
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage vessel loading and discharge
- Plan where ships are to berth and the resources required to load and unload it safely and to time
- Directly supervise operations to make sure the work done as per procedures
- Ensure port operators are fully trained to do their job efficiently and safely
- Implement approved HSE policies and procedures for working areas and team safety
- Make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline and promotion of subordinates
- Authorizes leave and overtime: advises subordinates on job related problems
- Evaluates and rates subordinates performance
- Liaise with all port stakeholders (internal or external) to maintain efficient operations
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Logistics
Applications should only include resumes and be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The mail subject should read the job title of the chosen position.
Closing date of Application: May 22, 2017