Petite annonce / classified ad
Créez gratuitement votre compte LEOcoin et recevez 10£ de bonus. Plus d'infos...
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
THE MENTOR INITIATIVE PROHECT SEEKS TO RECRUIT A DEPUTY HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER
The Mentor Initiative Project (MIP) is an emergency public health intervention in Kumba and Mamfe health districts, focusing on health, water and sanitation. For this purpose, The Mentor Initiative Project opened an office in Buea in May 2019. The recruitment of international and national staff has started in the meantime.
Job Location: BUEA
Operational Area: Mamfe or Kumba health districts
Starting date: 15th of August 2019
Contract duration: 5.5 months with possibility of extension
Probation period: 2 month
What we offer: Salary + Social benefits (medical coverage, paid leaves)
Deadline date for submission: 26th /07/2019
The Deputy Health Program Manager is part of the Mentor Field Health Team. Under the supervision of the Health Program Manager, he / she participates in all the curative, preventive, training and supervision activities of health workers in the Mentor intervention areas in the Southwest Region of Cameroon.
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Implement activities in cooperation with the Health Program Manager (PM) and in compliance with the operational strategy, Health and Nutrition cluster technical requirements, proposals specifications and donor criteria
- Provide support and advice to the logistic department for the purchase of materials specific to activities
- Plan and oversee the implementation of activities that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications, through weekly and global planning.
- Support the logistics departments to develop weekly movement and delivery plan, according to objectives
- Ensure that management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools are properly used by program teams
- Respect the administrative, logistical and security procedures of the Mentor Initiative Project
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations.
- Ensure the achievement of results of the activities/program (s)he is responsible for.
- Anticipate the difficulties associated with conducting activities and help solve problems related to programs.
- Propose to the PM adjustments of activities or program according to the changing environment and indicators if necessary.
- In collaboration with the PM and the administrative department, contribute to the development of program budgets forecast and supervise budget follow up for the program parts.
- Develop the state of needs and the Treasury requests with the PM
- When relevant, report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
Human Resources Management:
- In collaboration with PM, welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility.
- Organize training sessions of key national staffs under his/her supervision, as needed.
- Continue the on-going capacity reinforcement of the project's staffs, as needed.
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility.
- Make sure his/her team(s) follows the safety rules.
- Maintain daily awareness on the safety/security risks and propose adaptation of safety/security rules if needed.
Reporting / representation / communication:
- Report to the PM and Field Coordinator on any changes in the context of intervention
- Assist the PM to write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment, and ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines.
- Assist the PM to write weekly report to Coordination and HQ regarding his/her activities progress, challenges and difficulties met.
- Represent his/her program and activities, and support Field Coordinator for any coordination meeting during internal and external coordination meetings, at Buea level or in the field.
- Represent The Mentor Initiative Project during Health and Nutrition technical working groups, and Health Cluster meeting on request.
- Represent The Mentor Initiative Project on request and/or delegation.
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the PM and the Field Coordinator.
Needs assessment and project design:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics/ needs assessment if requested
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement if requested
- Organize and supervise the daily capitalization, as hard and soft archiving
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Health PM
Functional Manager: Program Coordinator
Paramount: candidates need to have thorough knowledge of context and its challenges and preferable originate from one of the two or both targeted operational zones (Mamfe and/or Kumba)
- Master's in Public Health, Or Bachelor in medicine/Nursing/public health with 5 years of experience managing Public Health programs.
- Proven knowledge and experience in public health
- Knowledge of the project cycle, of Health and Nutrition activities monitoring tools
Technical competences/required skills:
Good analysis capacity, skills in training and team management, skills in budget management, Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, and Outlook, capacity to manage priorities, capacity to share knowledge and train colleagues, flexible, CMAM protocol, ICCM & CMNCH protocols and IYCF policy.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, studies and work certificates, references) per email:
with the subject “Deputy health program manager”
Important: the position you want to apply for has to be specified in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise the application will not be considered as valid.
The Mentor Initiative reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
ONLY the selected candidate will be contacted.