Date: May 20, 2016
Location: Yaounde, Yaounde, CM
Req ID: 130819
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Optimization job role purpose is to improve the overall service quality to ensure business consistency.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Perform RF tuning & optimization and other RF related service activities for high capacity wireless networks using GSM & WCDMA technologies; familiar with link budgets, RF propagation from cellular antennas, parameters and Radio features of at least one of the following technologies: GSM & WCDMA; work independently in performing optimization activities; provide training and guidance to less experience persons in the area of expertise; utilize engineering tools such as cell planning tools, drive test data collection and post processing tools, and network performance statistics monitoring and analysis tools; good knowledge of Ericsson product and service portfolio, and competitive offerings; support the preparation of Requests for Proposals if requested.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge on NodeB equipment, RF performance metrics, call flow, system parameters and have knowledge on UTRAN/ NodeB equipment. This individual will provide RF technical support to personnel who are diagnosing and troubleshooting NodeB hardware/software GSM/WRAN wireless network system performance and must be able to effectively communicate across various levels of skill sets. The candidate will be able to determine the most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime and prepare report for analysis of service failure trends and service ability issues.
Technical and/or functional skills:
- Performance reports/Post processing tool
- Manage network trials and performance data to identify coverage, capacity and interference problems
- Identification and analysis of key issues on the network in order to achieve QoS targets for 2G/3G
- Ensuring first-class support is given to the resolution of customer problems
- Strong understanding of 3G/2G
- Strong understanding of HSPA concepts.
- Manage 2G/3G optimization within the Optimization Team with supporting performance analysis.
- A comprehensive knowledge of hardware and software features and constraints for 2G/3G
- Ability to collect and analyze data from the 2G/3G networks to resolve problems and make recommendations for improving QoS
- Ability to analyze air interface signaling to help resolve problems and make recommendations for improving QoS
- Ability to develop original processes and procedures
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Drive recommendations for changes to the physical and parametric configuration of cells
- Basic knowledge in RF planning
- Counter analysis and understanding
- Good knowledge on 2G/3G Radio parameters and timers
- Working knowledge of MapInfo
- Data throughput optimization for 2G/3G.
- Good knowledge on Neighbor relations and analysis
- Good knowledge in BSS/RNC parameters
- Parameter audit and report preparation
- Analysis of drive test data and recommendation
- Good working knowledge in MS Excel and MS Access
- Performance and root cause analysis of the air interface
- 3G/2G network environment and radio knowledge
- Exposure to tools like TEMS, ACTIX, BO, etc.
- Improve cells on following KPIs:
- RRC attempts, RRC Failures, CS/PS RAB attempts, CS/PS RAB failures, DCR, CSTR, SHO attempts/failures, HS attempts, HS retainability failure rate, HS accessibility failure rate.
- Leadership skills: Must be a team player with quality orientation, integrity, openness and learning agility
- Maintain and develop a team of appropriately skilled and knowledgeable optimization engineers.
- Language skills: Good command over verbal and written French & English is required.
- Values and behaviors: Integrity, Openness & Learning agility
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Fluent in English and French language
- Bachelors Degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, MIS or related field
- Three (3) years of progressive experience tuning and optimizing high-capacity wireless GSM or UMTS networks using RF engineering technology.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Cameroon (CM) || Yaounde || Yaounde || SharedServ
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Electrical, Engineer, Technology, Engineering