Job Title: FINANCE ASSOCIATE
Reporting to: FINANCE Manager
APMT/Local Cat: JL 2
No of Positions: 01
Contract: Temporary-01 Year renewable
- Position is responsible for the preparation of accounting and financial reports and ensures accurate accounting systems and record keeping supporting the finance function in the entity.
- Reviews and processes for payment purchase orders, invoices, statements, vouchers and other check requests. Handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries.
- Receives and reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
- Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or check requests; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and makes modifications as necessary.
- Codes, verifies and electronically enters accounts payable data into ledgers.
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and interacts with departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquires.
- Prepares various cost schedules for various suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Maintains logs, enters and balances account data, and generates statistical summary reports.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special check requests with Chief Accountant; prints approved checks; prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices as paid and files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments regarding payment status of invoices.
- Handles the company's cash activities, receiving cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services, or issuing cash for reimbursable items, advances, and so forth to suppliers or employees.
- Match the payments with invoices
- Reconciles cash daily at the end of the day.
- Handles cash payments in accordance with approved petty cash request forms. Checks to ensure proper authorization.
- Creates and enters a daily batch of vouchers to the financial database, reconciling cash on hand.
- Makes change, cashes checks, and issues receipts to employees and others.
- Records amounts received.
- Gives cash to employees for approved insurance reimbursements.
- Files bank and cash vouchers to ensure proper records are maintained.
- Prepares checks for supplier payments.
- Organizes and copies medical insurance claim vouchers to submit to insurance agent
- Issue customer receipts
- Arrange for transfer of cash & cheques to bank on a daily basis
- Track all bounced cheques & maintain follow up to recover amounts due
- Maintains proper controls for safe keeping of cash & cheques to prevent against fraud, theft or embezzlement
- Enters data to financial database to generate perform invoices.
- Checks the details of the operations reports with the pre-billing advice and enters this data into the system, prior to printing invoices.
- Creates sales order documents & prints invoices.
- Enters cash and bank receipts in financial database and prints non-finalized transaction and ledger printout for checking and finalizing documents.
- Prepares daily cash count forms for cash collections as worksheets for proper handing over of daily collections.
- Prepares proper documentation for tariff subsidy claims.
- Collect cash from customers who have credit with the company, issuing receipts and handling related inquiries.
- Enters cash receipts to financial database.
- Budgeting & Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget plan and consolidate the input received from various profit/cost centres.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget presentation file and submit to senior management / Board for the approval.
- Implement a system to automate the budgeting process and encourage involvement of other departments in the process.
- Ensure that the approved budgets are adhered to at all levels of management and any cost over-runs are promptly brought up to management's attention.
- Improve the process of cost control by reducing time-consuming steps without compromising integrity of the process and segregation of authorities.
- Be the custodian of terminal financial model and prepare variance analysis on annual basis to identify any major deviations.
- Assists in coordination of year end audit and preparation of schedules and documents for independent auditors.
- General Ledger
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions.
- Reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system, backup control, assisting other accounting staff with questions and printing of computer generated reports and statements.
- Prepares interim, year-end and comparative financial reports.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review.
- Liaise with Payables section to process the payments when they are due.
- The key impact of this incumbent will be for the provision of timely & accurate accounting & reporting support within the department to maintain day to day efficiencies in the office.
- The position is well defined
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Master Degree with a specialization in business, accounting and Finance
- Requires at three years of analytic accounting experience.
- Requires a sound understanding of accounting principles and transactions.
- Requires a good understanding of cash transactions.
- Requires sufficient understanding of various accounting concepts to review and interpret accounting data.
- Requires a good understanding of general office procedures and established policies relating to the position.
- Must be able to use financial database software for data entry.
- Must be able to compile and extract data.
- Must be detail oriented, and with good skills in numbers and general mathematics.
- Must be organized and be able to keep records and files neatly.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to use a desktop computer with experience using MS Office, especially Excel software.
- Must have basic organizational and planning skills, so that work flow is managed efficiently and accurately.
Must be able to handle matters of company business with confidentiality and integrity
CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Good command in English both written and spoken;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office (especially Excel);
- Good analytical skills;
- Organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritizing, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Result-oriented mindset, extensive understanding of logistics business
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn, ambition and integrity
- Ordered, good working structure for execution and follow up;
- Focuses and proactive, with sense of urgency.
Please if you are interested to join us send your CV with an introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: February 04th , 2019
HR BUSINESS PARTNER