Job Advert: Finance and Administrative Officer
GCCF seeks to recruit one dynamic young person in the Finance and administration Department; this position entails managing the growing base of GCCF resources and ensuring compliance with the both GCCF regulations and Donor Guidelines.
Specifically we are seeking;
- A young, dynamic, open-minded and results-oriented, real, smart-working and honest person seeking an opportunity to be creative and innovative and with a burning passion and disposition to serve and work with children, youth and their communities.
- Someone with a strong interest in finance management and has an eye for details.
- An individual who upholds high levels of integrity and is a role model to young people and someone who believes young people can change the world for the better.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities which shall form the core of your engagement with GCCF will include:
- Provide leadership to the implementation of financial and administrative policies and procedures of the organization;
- Review and ensure that financial transactions of GCCF are in accordance with the applicable policies, procedures, operating systems, internal controls, rules and regulations of the organization;
- Ensure the safekeeping and annual physical inventory recommending procurement and disposal of equipment and supplies;
- Conduct systematic review of office premises to ensure a good and secure working environment for all staff members and undertake all actions necessary to arrange cleaning and ensure procurement, maintenance and repair of equipment, services and supplies in accordance with budgetary plans and allocations;
- Periodically conduct systematic review of organizational policies, operating systems and internal controls to ensure they are congruent to the principles and aims of the organization;
- Assist the various departments of the organization in the preparation of status financial reports for presentation to the Executive Director, Executive Board, Donors, Partners and Beneficiaries;
- Prepare management accounts and financial reports for the organization
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- ACCA / CPA. University Degree with accountancy qualification.
- Must be below the age of 29 Years.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in busy office preferably in the Nonprofit Sector.
- Ability to Use QuickBooks accounting software.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must be a fast learner with excellent interpersonal skills and great leadership skills.
- Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision.
- You have to be available immediately.
If you believe you meet our consideration, please email us your letter of application alongside detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, email and day-time telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Finance and Administrative Officer.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by the 16th August 2016, consider your application unsuccessful