Job Title: Gender Specialist (2)
Dept/Location: Bertoua / Ngaoundere – Cameroon
Reporting to: Project Manager – Cameroon
Nascent Solutions, Inc. is an international humanitarian and development non-profit organization founded in 2004. The mission of the organization is to build capacity for vulnerable people, especially women and youth in rural Africa for self-sufficiency.
Nascent Solutions is seeking a suitably qualified Gender Specialist to support the implementation of a UNHCR funded program designed to prevent Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) among CAR refugee populations in the Adamaoua and East regions of Cameroon. The incumbent will serve as contact point for all technical support to the human rights and gender components of the program.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Work with the M & E officer to ensure the effective design and implementation of baseline survey
- Consult representatives of the Cameroon Ministries of Women and Family Affairs and other relevant government agencies on best practices for mainstreaming gender issues in the country
- Review existing gender curricula and training materials and methodology to ensure cultural suitability of project activities to the Cameroon context
- Work closely with UNHCR to develop a detailed curriculum and training materials for service officials involved in investigating, prosecuting and supporting victims of GBV
- Train staff , service providers and community leaders on the prevention of GBV
- Monitor and support project activities
- Advanced degree in Gender, Human Rights protection and /or related field
- Profound understanding of International and Cameroon Human Right and Gender Legislation
- At least 5 years of experience in gender related and development assignments, including analysis of gender issues and development of gender integration plans; experience in social mobilization
- Experience in mainstreaming gender-related activities in development efforts
- Excellent participatory planning/facilitation skills and experience in using participatory methodology
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Fluency in French/English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in emergency situations and with displaced persons a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to train and provide presentations to large and small groups
- Good Understanding of the local community resources related to Gender
- Willingness to travel and to work under challenging conditions
Interested candidates are advised to submit a detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by COB November 30, 2013.
Nascent Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally-protected characteristic.